Board index » Setup And Technical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Compressor / Sustainer
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:10 am 

Webmaster says:
Quote:
any future ones that mention products that we don't care to have promoted on our website will be changed accordingly.

If we knew what wasn't allowed to be posted here product wise, we'd respect it.
However when you keep censoring people, they'll leave and not come back here like other forums I'll leave nameless.

People here enjoy Rickenbacker and products that make them sound their best.
There's nothing wrong with the jinglebells box unless Mr.Hall sometime in the future decides to make outboard effects for guitars other than Ric-O-Sound.

Anyhow, I said what I had to say, so now lets try to move out of 3rd grade and back to the Adult world.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:22 am 

Quote:
If we knew what wasn't allowed to be posted here product wise, we'd respect it.
OK Tom, how's this: Do not post anything on this forum about the pedal that is being discussed. Is that plain enough English? I suppose playful censorship isn't getting the message across.
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the jinglebells box unless Mr.Hall sometime in the future decides to make outboard effects for guitars other than Ric-O-Sound.
If there was nothing wrong with it, then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 am 

Quote:
However when you keep censoring people, they'll leave and not come back here like other forums I'll leave nameless.

It is obviously anyone's choice whether to post here or not. If you prefer not to post in an environment where we reserve the right to remove the names of products that we do not care to promote, then no one is forcing you to come here.

I would like to add, however, that we only have decided to filter two product names, and for good reason. It's not like we prevent people from talking about Fender or Gibson, etc.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 am 

Thanks Webmaster!
Hey Kenny I don't wanna break your stones while you're on the job.
I'll catch up with you later at the other place!

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:59 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

It is obviously anyone's choice whether to post here or not. If you prefer not to post in an environment where we reserve the right to remove the names of products that we do not care to promote, then no one is forcing you to come here.

I would like to add, however, that we only have decided to filter two product names, and for good reason. It's not like we prevent people from talking about Fender or Gibson, etc.

Agreed. People, we have to remember this is a corporate site, not a fansite.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:35 am 

I highly recommend either the Demeter Compulator or the Jinglebells.

http://www.demeteramps.com/

http://Jinglebells.com/Jinglebells_about.htm

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:36 am 

Thats:

J,i,n,g,l,e. Bells

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:48 pm 

I've got a Keeley Compressor. It's essentially a copy of the old Ross comp built with top quality parts, most notably used by Peter Frampton & many others.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:48 am 

Here's a second vote for the Keeley compressor. When paired with a Ric 12 and a Vox, the sound is terrific - and almost no noise. It sounds good with my Ric 6 also. I have a DynaComp also and that is fun, but the Keeley is better (and more expensive).

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:43 am 

I had been viewing this thread with slight bemusement knowing that RIC has every right to decide who or what products it cares to allow to be discussed or tacitly endorsed.

However, the last two comments by Kenny and Mr. Webmaster have made me extremely curious using terms like "wrong" when describing the product.

I had assumed that any decision to not allow product name placement on the website was simply a matter of personal taste or preferance by RIC head honchos based on any reason, business or personal.

However, with insinuations like there is something "wrong" with the nameless pedals, I would like to know if RIC knows something about the product that could damage gear and/or a user that the general public does not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical