Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Multiple Outputs
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:20 am 

Alright I've read through the online version of the manual, but nowhere have I found anything that says which of the two outputs (4001 Bass) is the "normal" one and which one is the one I can split with the Ric-O-Sound

a little help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: Multiple Outputs
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:41 am 

The one closest to the endpin/strap button (bottom) is the "normal" output jack.It will work with any 1/4" mono guitar cable.The top jack (labeled Ric-O-Sound)is for a TRS or "stereo" cable;it splits the signal into BRIDGE & NECK signals...to send to two amps,or two direct boxes,etc...I hope that I've been able to help.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:34 am 

the one closest to the strap button isnt the "bottom" one as you say, it is in fact, closer to the "top"

and mine arent labeled, which is why I asked, this is an old 1977 4001

just to be clear, the one closes to the strap button is the standard 1/4 channel, and the one furthest away is the Ric-O-sound split channel one, correct?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:44 am 

If all the print has worn off your jackplate, it's easy: just pick one and plug the cord in. If you feel one bump in plugging it in, that's the "normal" jack. If you feel two bumps plugging it in, that's the Ric-O-Sound. You can always get a small plastic grommet and put it in the jack you never use, and it will pop out easily if you want to use it.

Most people, after living with their Ricks for awhile, learn which one it is and come to do it by reflex.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm 

CygnusX1,please hold your bass by the neck,and put the end-pin/strap button on the floor.Do not let go.The "Headstock" would be the "TOP" of the bass,and the part touching the floor would be the "BOTTOM".The jack closest to the floor would,in fact,be the "BOTTOM" one...this is MONO.The one above it would,in fact, be the "TOP" one...the Ric-O-Sound/stereo jack.Unless,of course,some MORON has switched your jacks or jackplate around.At the "TOP" of the plate should be two LETTERS,and the first one should be a "Q",followed by a letter from "A" to "L"...at the "BOTTOM" of the plate should be four NUMBERS (1234,for example),if this is,indeed, a 1977 4001.Mine says "QC 1051".I hope that this makes it clearer for you.

Board index » Setup And Technical