Board index » Setup And Technical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: iiipopes vintage tone mod
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm 

palo, I may have accidently overlooked your post. So if I haven't sent it yet, I'm sending it now. Please accept my apologies.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 am 

I've got a Rickenbacker 360 six string, and have replaced the high gain pickups with vintage toasters. Does anyone have any suggestions on pedals or amps that would compliment the adjustment? Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:14 pm 

I'm looking to perform this mod on a 660/6 MIB and a 370/6 BBR.
Please send this to my email located in my profile.

This is just awesome in so many ways...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 pm 

JSmith -- Done.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 am 

The iiipopes tone mod works great. Just be advised that some fusspot down the road will not see original wiring and may wonder what the story is.

If you are going to re-sell your guitar eventually as original, I would recommend buying a spare wiring harness and installing the tone mod on it (about a 15-minute job, total cost for parts + harness under $100). You get new, cleaner pots and your original harness can go back in when you sell so that the pots will be congruent with your serial number, especially if we are talking more vintage items.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 am 

Hey buchrob -- thanks!

Anyway, I just had an email exchange with an individual that I need to clear up a point. On the 2-pickup versions of my mods diagrams, the 330 and 360, the neck pickup circuit is not changed out from the factory stock. On the 330 and the 360 versions, the mods are adding the push-pull to the 5th knob so that the .0047 inline capacitor to the bridge circuit is selectable.

I have just double-checked my diagrams to make sure they match the factory schematics for the neck pickup circuit.

Again, anything can be modded, but the mods work best on 5-knob 3-pickup instruments and second best on 24-fret 2-pickup versions.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:21 pm 

please send me wiring diagram of 0047 mod for 4003 bass(`99) bridge pup.
I can`t find it anywhere.But I think there will not be big difference with guitars` mod.
kirilius@tut.by
thanks

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:14 am 

Hey kirilius -- thanks for your interest. I'll have to draw a bass version, as all I have been asked for up to this point are the guitar versions. The first week of the month is most busy for me for my other obligations, so please give me a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, send a PM or email to Cassius987, as he has one of the newer basses with the push-pull factory fitted, and you can discuss which knob might be the best position for you to change out for the mod circuit.

Then get back with me here on the thread about which control you want to put the push-pull on and I'll draw it from there.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am 

I was actually in the process of doing the "Jimmy Page" push/pull mod on my Les Paul (my "winter car", if you will), and this thread caught my. I would love a copy of your 360, 2 pickup mod (I'm using the stock hi-gain pickups) for adding the .047 cap and push/pull blend knob, and whatever else this entails.

tkoziar@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am 

I was actually in the process of doing the "Jimmy Page" push/pull mod on my Les Paul (my "winter car", if you will), and this thread caught my. I would love a copy of your 360, 2 pickup mod (I'm using the stock hi-gain pickups) for adding the .047 cap and push/pull blend knob, and whatever else this entails.

tkoziar@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical