Board index » Setup And Technical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: iiipopes vintage tone mod
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:06 am 

HI iiipopes,

Could you please send the Vintage tone mod diagram PDF for a 2001 360/6 (w/toasters)?

thanks!
gordon.kinney@gmail.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:01 am 

Wow this thread keep on going, going, going. Must be a popular mod.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:04 am 

Gordon -- done.

Hey dart1969 -- My grandmother used to own a Dodge Dart in the mid-'60's. In 1969 she traded it for a Mercury Montego.

Oh, yeah - the thread. Yes, it is a popular mod. Would you like a pdf of one or more of the diagrams?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:53 pm 

:lol: Yes i know its a grannys car, all my friend are joking about that. But mine is no longer a gramma's car, 500 cubic inches big block 900 hp bla bla bla (could be boring for some ) . 8-)

About your mod i really dont know...... i own a 325c58 and a 360/12c63, will it make a difference on a already vintage tone guitar? I read that is a good (very) mod to do on a newer model and on 5 knob one. But im really no expert here, only a RIC guitar lover. But lots of folks here seems to appreciate your work here, and i think new idea should always be welcome. Maybe one day. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:17 pm 

My mods are designed to be more for the 5-knob guitars. On your 360/12c63, it already has the .0047 cap inline to the bridge pickup. So what my mod would do on that guitar is give the option of a straight-through bridge pickup, which would make that pickup sound "fuller." You can see how that would sound by opening up the guitar and putting a temporary bypass to the capacitor -- Mr. JH has mentioned an aluminum gum wrapper; i'd use just a little piece of aluminum foil to wrap the capacitor so metal touches both leads.

I have done the mods for the 4-control guitars, but I don't like to. Those instruments, like your 325c58, may have lighter wound toasters, which have more jangle by their nature, and don't sound that much different whether the capacitor is in the circuit or not.

As as I've posted before: these are my mods. I'm not connected with RIC or any person at RIC. You do these mods at your own risk. They work for me. Your mileage may vary. Please use only RIC approved parts. Thanks to Mr. JH and crew for allowing me to discuss them.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 am 

iiipopes, Sorry for the newbie question but I'm very new to Rickenbackers. I just got a 340. Can you send me any and all info on your 5th knob mod? I live in Seoul Korea and have a guy here I take my vintage guitars and amps to but is there something special I should know, so I can pass along the info? My 340 is from '95. Thanks in advance! franksandbeans_franksandbeans yahoo.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 am 

My email crashed over the weekend. If there is anybody who has not received requested pdf's of my wiring mods, please send me another message. Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 am 

I also have a 360 rick with toasters and have the cap and push pull pot ready to install. Im no wiz on electronics. Could you please email me a diagram of how to wire it into the circuit. My email address is garywjacob@comcast.net I would forever be greatfull. Thank you so much. Gary

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:04 am 

iiipopes. When you get ur wiring diagrams ready please email it to me. I have apush pull knob. Just need to know what lugs the capacitor needs to be connected to. Thanks so much. My email address is garywjacob@comcast.net

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 am 

iiipopes forgot to mention i have a 360/12. I think i can do it myself just need to know what lugs to use. I got the push pull switch from pick of the rics. It has 3 lugs on the bottom and 2 lugs on the top if this is any help. Then i guess it would go to the pickup selector switch for the bridge pickup? Please get back with me cant wait to install it. garywjacob@comcast.net.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical