Board index » Setup And Technical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: iiipopes vintage tone mod
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 pm 

Emails with wiring diagrams sent. Thanks for your interest.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 am 

Hi there! Can I still get this wiring diagram? Have a 345 and would like your vintage mod wiring for it. suthndawg@aol.com
thanks!

-Ty

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:20 pm 

revbrodiddley - sent. Enjoy!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 pm 

hi iiipopes...

i sent you a message, but you may not have gotten it. would you mind sending me a diagram for doing the push/pull cap in/out of the bridge mod for a 330? i left my email in the PM.

also, i currently have scatterwound toasters in my 330, but not sure if i want to stick with them or not. i also have 11-12k hex-top hi-gains, and an 80s 12k carbon-fiber top high gain (sounds thick and meaty iirc). anyone have anything to say about how the mod would sound with these different pickups in the bridge and the .0047 cap?

thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:38 pm 

Generally, all else being equal: the bobbin, the magnet, and the pole pieces, the more wire that is on a pickup, the more mids and less treble. Since the purpose of the .0047 is to cut lows, or as a high-pass, any more wire than necessary on a pickup will tend to make everything sound dull. So in my experience, the .0047 inline capacitor to the bridge pickup works best on a guitar that has either the original Toasters of decades past, the newer 7.4 kohm scatterwound Toasters, the bridge high-gains from the late '70's and '80's that were underwound, and 4001 bridge pickups that have a little less wire on them than current high gains.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:04 am 

Hi, Just got my first Rickenbacker. To be honest I bought it initially because I did not own one and I like the look. I am subsequently very impressed with the sounds and playability (after a little fiddling with bridge height!).
It is a brand new 360/6, and so from what I read there is no C3 capacitor on these (why not?!). Certainly turning down the bridge volume sees a rapid loss of high frequencies, even on a short cable. So would I be correct in assuming this mod will address that? I listen to Who's Next album and the live stuff from Mr Townshend and he seems to have the ability to turn down volume and retain jangle. I guess he had the mod!
So I would like to add this mod too please, can you email me your infamous plans please robhamilton0410@hotmail.com.
Must be satisfying to see this thread still running after all these years eh! Well done sir!!
cheers.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:16 pm 

Yes, I am very gratified that the thread has gone on so long, and that Mr. JH and crew have been so gracious to host the thread.

Has everybody in the last few months received their diagrams? I had some transitions, and may have missed sending some out.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:18 pm 

Hi iiipopes,

I have read your description but could really use a diagram to put the push/pull pot mod in my new 370 that turns the middle p/u off. Could you email me the diagram please? Btmohler@bsugmail.net

Thank you!!! Also, I don't see the push/pull pot in the boutique store anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to grab one so I get the right size? Is this something Smallbear would carry?

Best,
Blake

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:40 pm 

Hi iiipopes,

Would you mind sending me the schematic so I can add the push/pull 5th pot to my new 370? I've read your description online but would really appreciate the schematic to make sure I'm wiring it up right. If you could please send it to btmohler@bsugmail.net

Also, where do you recommend I get the pot from and how many ohms should it be?

Thanks in advance!!!
Blake

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:43 pm 

banjerpickin - done. Sorry for the delay. Hectic week, including sub-zero weather. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical