Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concert For George-Where were the Rics???
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:26 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with you Zurdo. George Martin's musical knowledge was an integral part of the structure of earlier Beatles songs.

The difference was that by Let It Be, they were very 'polished' compared to the early years.

Zurdo

Howdy,

Let's not forget the Phil Spector Butcher Job on this album. Case and point the Let It Be Single that was produced by George Martin was far superior to the album cut. The Let It Be Naked release proves it. Just my opinion here...Phil Spector should have received a life sentence just for what he did to this album!

Steve

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:48 am 

Quote:
Davcir, I agree with you 100% about 'If I needed someone". There was a law broken there somewhere. That was just not right. Mark

I bought that DVD, and I remember trying to wonder about the electric 12 that WAS used in "If I Needed Someone"....McGuinn and George were friends....why wasn't he there playin HIS Rick?

I am OUTraged......

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:46 am 

Quote:
McGuinn and George were friends.

Roger, with his Rickenbacker 12-string, recorded "If I Needed Someone" on the "Limited Edition" CD. On the inside cover of the CD, Roger writes the recording is "a tribute to my inspiration George Harrison."

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:27 am 

Quote:
" ... Phil Spector should have received a life sentence just for what he did to this album! (Steve)

Well, nothing to do with his "re-producing for disk" LIB way back in 1970 but, zee 'ole Specta-ree-no did get his oats.

'Au currant, the Philstir IS sporting those prison blues these days and possibly being passed around like a piece pipe thanks to his unfortunate gun toten' "ka-blewy" fatal to a woman shenanigans in Monterrey Park, CA.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Wait a minute, partner.
Nobody is "downgrading" (as you say) a single thing here.

But, it's sorta like saluting Porsche sport cars and everyone turns up driving Fiats or Plymouth Dusters.
Its not about the guitar or brand of instrument, its about the man and his music, and its not written in stone or a commandment from god that it has to be played on a Rickenbacker, so what if David Bronze used a Lackland and Fender Basses, so what, it still sounded very good, I loved the sound and tone of his basses on that dvd and cd, and "IF I Needed Someone" sounded great with the 12 string Andy Fairweather Low played, I love and own 6 Ric, basses, but this downsizeing and trashing of things because you didnt see anybody playing a Ric, is assinine, stupid, and very snobish, makes me sick to stomach, you know what, get over it, dont watch it, or whatever, but whatever you do, stop being ignorrent, and pompous.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm 

Quote:
Guys, I don't think George himself would have cared one bit.....in fact, I think he would have thought you were all crazy for complaining about something so trivial online...
Ditto,Ditto, Ditto.....Exactly, whatever Eric's intententions were, I really dont care, What I care about was seeing a great performence buy a stage full of world class musicians performing the music of one of the greatest musicians of our time, And beside whether Klaus Vorhman is bitter about it does not matter what so ever, bottom line here is that Dhanni and Olivia Harrison approved of the event and also invited all performers to participate didnt Dhanni say at the end of the night before Joe Brown came out and performed "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS" and I quote Dhanni, "This is the most beautiful thing we could be doing on this day" and then even praised Eric Clapton buy saying and I quote "Eric, your the man" so Klaus Vorhman should just keep his mouth shut, after all Klaus came out and played bass on "All things must pass" nice Ric bass he used, oh no wait, Klaus played a Fender Precision, that (you said bad word), suprised your not trashing him for not useing a Ric.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:35 am 

Well....lotta passion on these Rick forums....didn't mean to nauseate and sicken anyone.....some of you guys seemed to be wired pretty tight.....any of you actually get paid to play guitar outside of your bedroom or basement?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:40 pm 

Quote:
....any of you actually get paid to play guitar outside of your bedroom or basement?

Careful, there. Some of us here on the forums are pros, and some may have been at one time, some maybe never, but I'm not sure how that's relevant to anything in this discussion. Or to the appreciation of the instruments made by Ric. I know lots of folks who've studied and played music all their lives who don't earn a dime, but who could blow many of us out the door.

And, in my case, I only get paid outside of my bedroom or basement. I'm still working on getting paid to practice, but it hasn't happened yet. Peace.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:56 pm 

Quote:
" ... but this downsizeing and trashing of things because you didnt see anybody playing a Ric, is assinine, stupid, and very snobish, makes me sick to stomach, you know what, get over it, dont watch it, or whatever, but whatever you do, stop being ignorrent, and pompous.

And we all most certainly as polite civil people, can continue a discussion here and do far better with it without the totally unnecessary very tacky personal attacks and histronics. Thank you very much.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:16 pm 

I don't think George was very religious about guitars. Here he's playing If I Needed Someone on a Fender 12-string: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ak7hFxY ... re=related

At the same time you can hear Clapton destroy the song with a stupid bluesy solo...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events