Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events

Post subject: Wow first two videos I watched this morning!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 am 

I remember the song but not the group. I was born in 52. We Five and the song,"You Were On My Mind".

Post subject: Re: Wow first two videos I watched this morning!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:13 pm 

Hi THC ( treehousecollections), oh man are your going way past me, but I'm digging the music and the Ric's! By the way did you ever see the Beatles play on the Ed Sullivan show way back in 64??????

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:51 pm 

Great song from '65,actually a remake of a blues number.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:49 am 

I wasn't around back then, but, man, I see The Beatles influence really was STRONG! Out of three guitars used by that group, two of them were famous Beatle guitars. Everytime I watch a mid-60s band on youtube I see a Beatle guitar or two being used by the band. I guess Roger McGuinn wasn't the only guy buying Beatle gear. Seems everyone was!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:09 pm 

Tommy360 wrote:
I wasn't around back then, but, man, I see The Beatles influence really was STRONG! Out of three guitars used by that group, two of them were famous Beatle guitars. Everytime I watch a mid-60s band on youtube I see a Beatle guitar or two being used by the band. I guess Roger McGuinn wasn't the only guy buying Beatle gear. Seems everyone was!

Yes it's good THC posted all these older videos, I dig it, even though I was raised on a lot of 70's music! It's so good seeing all these Ric's. I'm trying to find someone who actually watched the 1964 appearance of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show, but I wish to find someone who already had an association with Ric's......It is not going to be easy!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:12 pm 

Nice! I love the music from the late 50s early 60s.

I really did not pay to much attention to the guitars...... I was kind of digging her little "boot dance" she was doing..... In fact , the whole band sort of busted loose there about 2/3s of the way through the song :D

Cool post.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:17 am 

Hey JBudweiser, I did watch every appearance the Beatles made on the Sullivan show. I was 12 the first time. We had the largest of all the TV's in the family, (black and white). My brother had recently married and my sister-in-law and my brother came to the house. This was the only way I would have known. My sister-in-law almost fainted. She had the same face as the girls watching live. She also did some screaming. We all thought she was weird, (I in secret wanted to scream), it just wasn't the manly thing to do. Somehow I knew history was changing. I feel almost like Forest Gump, other than being around famous people and running around the country on foot, my life got to see and experience what Forest did.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:02 am 

THC ...........So you actually saw the first appearance at home on a Black and white, WOW
Did your folks let you watch or was it that your older brother and his new wife were over that night that you got to watch or watched in '64 ???? Did you or your older brother play guitar when you were 12 . Mr Hall didn't see it! I might ask you to tell a bit more of your story!
I was too young only 4, no TV, but for some reason when I was 6 years old I really wanted to play guitar and started lessons that year which was in'66. I can still learn I just forget fast! :D

Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events