Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
http://www.guitarworld.com/dear-guitar- ... ohnny-marr

Send in any questions you may have for Johnny Marr. 8-)

He's holding his McGuinn model in the picture.

I don't buy GW anymore, or any guitar magazine for that matter. It's getting sterile these days, but I may get the one with Johnny.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 12
Location: England
cheers ive asked him a couple of questions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 am
Posts: 102
Location: Wales...Uk
Last month, I asked a question about Johnny's playing on his website and he replied to me personally, which was really nice and shows what a decent guy he is. This magazine seems to suggest that only questions that stand out will be asked (everything has to be sensationalised these days) :roll: so I wouldn't bother. Go to his website and if your question is genuine, irrespective of being 'funny or sharp' :x I'm sure Johnny will answer you himself without the need of a middle man ( or should that be middle mag )
Having said that, I'll probably buy the issue that has the question and answer emails as I know most Johnny Marr fans will ask genuine questions regarding his playing, equipment and his own take on his life/music and career.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
David..Uk1971 wrote:
Last month, I asked a question about Johnny's playing on his website and he replied to me personally, which was really nice and shows what a decent guy he is. This magazine seems to suggest that only questions that stand out will be asked

That's the way GW has always been. *Shrugs* Nothing new there. There are countless interviews and articles on his playing/gear, and they just encourage something unique. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
In this month's GW, with Joe Walsh on the cover, on page 15, in the "Defenders of the Faith" section, Royce Ledwig's answer for "Gear I Most Want" is "Anything from Rickenbacker!"

...I posted it in this thread instead of starting a new one. ;) Seems relevant.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 am
Posts: 102
Location: Wales...Uk
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
David..Uk1971 wrote:
Last month, I asked a question about Johnny's playing on his website and he replied to me personally, which was really nice and shows what a decent guy he is. This magazine seems to suggest that only questions that stand out will be asked

That's the way GW has always been. *Shrugs* Nothing new there. There are countless interviews and articles on his playing/gear, and they just encourage something unique. ;)


Oh yeah, I guess that's fair enough and to be honest I've been a bit of a hypocrite and gone against my own advice!! :shock: :oops:
I've emailed a couple of questions myself!!

BTW.. AGNP let me know when the issue with the emails and answers come out as it will be interesting. How many questions do the readers normally ask?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
David..Uk1971 wrote:
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
David..Uk1971 wrote:
Last month, I asked a question about Johnny's playing on his website and he replied to me personally, which was really nice and shows what a decent guy he is. This magazine seems to suggest that only questions that stand out will be asked

That's the way GW has always been. *Shrugs* Nothing new there. There are countless interviews and articles on his playing/gear, and they just encourage something unique. ;)


Oh yeah, I guess that's fair enough and to be honest I've been a bit of a hypocrite and gone against my own advice!! :shock: :oops:
I've emailed a couple of questions myself!!

BTW.. AGNP let me know when the issue with the emails and answers come out as it will be interesting. How many questions do the readers normally ask?

One per person. They're pretty picky too. If you send in more than one question, they're less likely to pick any of your questions, as I recall.

They used to give prizes to people who had their question printed. They're too cheap to do that now...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
http://www.johnny-marr.com/press/johnny ... d-magazine

He didn't answer my Rickenbacker question. :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar World: Ask Johnny Marr
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 am
Posts: 102
Location: Wales...Uk
AGNP..........that link isn't working with me but It's from his website so I'll look at that


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X