Rickenbacker International Corporation - Forum
http://www.rickenbacker.com/forum/

Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls)
http://www.rickenbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15051
Page 2 of 3

Author:  David..Uk1971 [ Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

I think you guys are really good.....Have listened to a few songs on Youtube and I like them. It's nice to hear a band that doesn't hide behind loads of effects and distortion and you show genuine passion and energy. There's one song on there and it is really heavily influenced by the Jam, complete with Ric 330 JG!!

Author:  jbudweiser [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

I totally agree with David, yes it is good to hear an unadulterated sound from this band.
The guitars are clear, but don't over power the lyric. I just cannot imagine this band getting that ( their) sound from anything else but a Ric.

Author:  Aerome [ Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

Good stuff! Thanks for the post.

Author:  jbudweiser [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

Lutke band wrote:
David..Uk1971 wrote:
That was really good..Could tell it was a Rickenbacker straight away...Very Jangly!!


yes,it's naked 330 without any effects,straight into VOX AC 30
:D



Thanks for telling us which model Ric and the amp you use to get that great clear sound!

Author:  Clifton [ Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

Wow! That 330 sounds very full--almost like a 330/12 string! Great tune and video!

Author:  jbudweiser [ Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

Clifton wrote:
Wow! That 330 sounds very full--almost like a 330/12 string! Great tune and video!



Clifton, your point re sounding like a 12 string is interesting. Yes not exactly but almost like a 12 string. I've always thought that way myself since plugging in my first RIC, it has been mentioned on the forum prior. I own quite a few 6 string guitars, but it is only the Rickenbacker's that almost sound like a 12. So this is really something unique to Ric's as far as I know.

It must have something to do with harmonic frequency and seems to be inherent in most RIC 6 strings. Other high quality 6 strings I own have good harmonics and sing, however they don't sound anything like a like a 12.

In a studio you maybe able to create more of a 12 string sound from a 6 string , however this 330 was apparently plugged straight into a Vox to be recorded, no tricks needed!

Pickups maybe part of the equation, maybe it in the overall design somewhere, but it does seem unique to Rickenbacker's.

Author:  Clifton [ Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

jbudweiser wrote:
Clifton, your point re sounding like a 12 string is interesting. Yes not exactly but almost like a 12 string. I've always thought that way myself since plugging in my first RIC, it has been mentioned on the forum prior. I own quite a few 6 string guitars, but it is only the Rickenbacker's that almost sound like a 12. So this is really something unique to Ric's as far as I know.

It must have something to do with harmonic frequency and seems to be inherent in most RIC 6 strings. Other high quality 6 strings I own have good harmonics and sing, however they don't sound anything like a like a 12.

In a studio you maybe able to create more of a 12 string sound from a 6 string , however this 330 was apparently plugged straight into a Vox to be recorded, no tricks needed!

Pickups maybe part of the equation, maybe it in the overall design somewhere, but it does seem unique to Rickenbacker's.


Jbudweiser--I think you're definitely onto something. And I agree--other similar hollow or semi-hollow guitars just aren't the same as Rickenbackers. I own two semi-hollow Rick six strings, and they both sound so full--just really unique. (I would argue that my 620, while still having some of that Rick sound, doesn't sound quite the same as my 1997 or 360 six strings. I think it must be a little Rick magic dusted over the guitars before they leave Santa Ana!

Author:  flavius [ Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
Sadly, I am unable to understand the language and fully appreciate the song.


I have said the same thing about early REM, and I like both bands! :)

Author:  Ain'tGotNoPokemon [ Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

flavius wrote:
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
Sadly, I am unable to understand the language and fully appreciate the song.


I have said the same thing about early REM, and I like both bands! :)

I don't even remember making that post. April was seven months ago. ;)

Author:  Kingbreaker [ Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let me introduce you...indie,power pop band Lutke (Dolls

Clifton wrote:
Wow! That 330 sounds very full--almost like a 330/12 string! Great tune and video!



My theory - it has something to do with the floating bridge and tailpiece. When I strum chords near the nut, some of the jangle sounds like running a pick between the bridge and the tailpiece. . . just enough of the discord makes it through to the amp to get it sounding like ever-so-slightly out of tune octaves or unisons. But, I am not a sound engineer or physicist and have no idea if this is on the right track.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/