Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events

Post subject: M-Dock Band 20th Anniversary Reunion
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:58 am 

Saturday, July 21, 7-11, the M-Dock Band, a well known regional band in Springfield, Missouri, will have its 20th anniversary reunion concert and party at The Bearded Clam in Kimberling City.

I was their original bass player, and I've been asked to cover this gig as their most recent bass player fell ill just before Memorial Day and died unexpectedly in June.

My 4002 and my 360-12WB FG ckbd will be out in full force playing a wide range of material, including opening up, of course, with Sgt. Pepper, complete with horns, and So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star, among other songs covering the spectrum of classic rock from the '60s to present.

Post subject: Re: M-Dock Band 20th Anniversary Reunion
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:22 pm 

Wish I could be there! Good luck!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am 

Thanks.

The gig was magnificient! We, of course, started with Sgt. Pepper, since it was the 20th anniversary reunion. The 4002 laid the foundation and with the crowd noise coming back from the packed patio as we were about to start (the gig was outdoors), and the horns to make it happen, it was so near to the record it was almost scary. And by the time we got to So You Want to be a Rock-N-Roll Star with my friend playing my 360-12, another player playing another guitar I had added the .0047 capacitor to just because, and our trumpet player making it happen, it was, well, truly transcendent. A great time was had by all. Thanks to all at RIC.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:40 am 

Sounds like a great gig! I love that Byrds tune. I used to be in a Byrds tribute band called The Mockingbyrds, and that was one of our favorites to play. Lots of great energy on that song.

Board index » Sightings, Artists, and Events