Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 360c63/12 Nut
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:32 am 

I am wondering if the 360c63/12 nut is the "New Upgraded" nut with wider spacing, or would it be the older style nut?

Post subject: Re: 360c63/12 Nut
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:16 am 

If it's a C series instrument, you can bank in the fact that it's got NOTHING upgraded.

On the other hand, you can always order a 660/12 nut for just a few bucks if you feel comfortable with spending part of a rainy day sanding and filing, not at all rare in BC (rain, that is). Order the C nut as well for just a few bucks more, because the bulk of your expense will be shipping, which works quite well to Canada for items under $25. declared value. RIC is accustomed to shipping to Canada with no hassles.

The 660/12 nut pretty well corresponded to the string spacing on my other 12's, a Takamine acoustic and a Dean Boca electric hollow body. Try a Takamine 12 in a store and you will get the feeling for the string spacing, but the Ric action will be about 1200% better.

I have seen numerous comments on other sites where people claimed that the neck/width varied a fair amount on the C's, with one guy claiming that he could never play a 330 correctly, but the '97 360C he tried fit like a glove.

Board index » Just Guitars