Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: so many .which ric is for me?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 pm 

hey guys i only found out bout rics a while ago was going to buy a fender american standard tele but everyone has one and rickenbacker guitars looks sexy as hell.i was wondering if you hardened ric players could help me out.

i play alot of alternative indie lots of little riffs and what not and was wondering what guitar i should go for iv seen lots of vidios on you tube of the 330 but not many on the 620 and i love the sounds you get out of them any help at all would be muchly appericated .

Post subject: Re: so many .which ric is for me?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:22 pm 

Hi Merry Xmas. and Welcome! If I had a bit more time and it was not Xmas eve, I would sing you the praises of Rickenbacker all night. But tonight's for Carols and Kids. But keep that idea of a Ric firmly in your head till we get back soon. Fenders sound a bit generic to my ears, Rickenbackers have a unique tone, and are precision instruments. The Rickenbacker forums are a testament of the devotion and efforts of it staff to it's product and customers.Forum members and staff combined knowledge is voluminous. Trust me this is no Fender fan club, but there are those that can contrast those two makes of guitar as they might own both. Keep in touch, and have a safe time!

jbudweiser

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:24 pm 

Quote:
hey guys i only found out bout rics a while ago was going to buy a fender american standard tele but everyone has one and rickenbacker guitars looks sexy as hell.i was wondering if you hardened ric players could help me out.

i play alot of alternative indie lots of little riffs and what not and was wondering what guitar i should go for iv seen lots of vidios on you tube of the 330 but not many on the 620 and i love the sounds you get out of them any help at all would be muchly appericated .

Play one before you buy one. Too many people buy a Ric on looks expecting it to play like all their other guitars.

The truth is that tone is 95% dependant on your amp, and watching a video really isn't going to help you with anything.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:08 pm 

The pickups are the same. It really boils down to which you prefer to hold onto. There is a little bit of sonic difference between the solid maple body of the 620 and the semi-hollow of a 330, or even a 360.

If you were considering a Tele, but wanted more character, you might just really like a 620.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:59 pm 

Quote:
The pickups are the same. It really boils down to which you prefer to hold onto. There is a little bit of sonic difference between the solid maple body of the 620 and the semi-hollow of a 330, or even a 360.

If you were considering a Tele, but wanted more character, you might just really like a 620.
I own both those: The 360 and the 620. What type of player are you? If you do a ton of sitting the 620 is just ok but not the greatest. Now for a gigging guitar, where you standing is one of the easiest to play.

I favor the 620 over the 360 mainly because I have a 350v63 and can get the 360 tone pretty close there. I'm not a hugh fan of big bodied guitars though.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:10 am 

Welcome to the RIC Forums. If possible, try to "test drive" the Rick models you want so you will be able see, hear and feel the differences.

Board index » Just Guitars