Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: silly question?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:31 am 

hey guys, i'm brand new here since i recently picked up a ric on a whim (really randomly) and know nearly nothing about it other than the model which is a 381jkLE i believe. i only know that it has a battery that i'm pretty sure is dead but i dont know how to change it? if anyone knows if this is difficult or not i'd love to hear some advice...
i got this guitar from some guy at a bar for cheap and its in mint shape, i'm almost afraid to keep it for fear of it being stolen from me lol.
anyways, thanks for reading and hello to all.

Post subject: Re: silly question?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 am 

Quote:
hey guys, i'm brand new here since i recently picked up a ric on a whim (really randomly) and know nearly nothing about it other than the model which is a 381jkLE i believe. i only know that it has a battery that i'm pretty sure is dead but i dont know how to change it? if anyone knows if this is difficult or not i'd love to hear some advice...
i got this guitar from some guy at a bar for cheap and its in mint shape, i'm almost afraid to keep it for fear of it being stolen from me lol.
anyways, thanks for reading and hello to all.

I would suggest emailing Jim Hall, or someone at Ric, directly, with the serial number and maybe some pictures.

Jim can tell you if it's a copy or stolen much better than anyone else can, unless they work for Ric!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:14 am 

I would suggest emailing Jim Hall, or someone at Ric, directly, with the serial number and maybe some pictures.

Jim can tell you if it's a copy or stolen much better than anyone else can, unless they work for Ric!

thanks for the response, i don't think it was stolen since it has the original certificate and stuff, i'm more worried about it being stolen from me x-D but perhaps i'll email them anyway, my biggest question however is where a battery for the active electronics would be/how to change it, all in all its quite a strange guitar since i'm used to gibby SG's

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 am 

Welcome to the RIC Forums. Here's some more "news" about the 381JK.

http://www.rickenbacker.com/news_item.a ... 3&news=old

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 am 

Quote:
Welcome to the RIC Forums. Here's some more "news" about the 381JK.

http://www.rickenbacker.com/news_item.a ... 3&news=old

thanks, to be honest i never saw myself as someone that would own a ric but got extremely lucky with how i got it haha, my only real question is if anyone out there knows how to change the battery!? the guitar i have has been sitting in an old persons house for 20 years basically unplayed, and consequently the battery has never been changed... also any news such as that is greatly appreciated.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 am 

I'm pretty sure you have to remove the pickguard.

Board index » Just Guitars