Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: How Does This Sound?
 Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:41 pm 

I got my Rickenbacker 330/6 about 5 weeks ago, and have spent the last 5 weeks experimenting with setup, strings, finding the right pickup adjustment, etc...

I think I've setteled on the D'Adderio Chrome 12's (ECG25). They are flat wound, have a nice warm tone, and absolutely no finger squeak. I have a Digitech RP1000 multi effects pedal and have also been experimenting with the amp models that it has. I never used the amp models until I got this guitar and I am finding them to sound very good with it. It has over 50 amp models and over 25 cab models to choose from. The amp models include... Fender Twin Reverb, AC-30, and JC-120 to name a few. It also has seperate delay, chorus/fx, reverb, distortion, and compressor.

Anyway, I made a test clip demonstrating the Twin Reverb amp model and the Twin 2x12 cab model. The first part of the clip is just the amp/cab model with a little reverb, and the second part is the amp/cab model with reverb, delay, and chorus. The pickups are set so that the 1st and 6th pole piece are set to 1/32nd from the strings with the strings held down at the last fret, and the pole pieces follow the fret radius, but only on the wound strings. The pole pieces for the 2 unwound strings are set all the way in. Also with the 12's I was able to get the action at 3/64ths base and 2/64th trebble with the neck set flat...:)

The tone and volume are wide open as is the blender control, and I'm playing with a Dunlop Ultex 1.0 pick...

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10642792

Please let me know what you think, and if you want to hear any of the other amp/cab models, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Board index » Just Guitars