Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Going to buy my first RIC :)
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 pm 

-Maxwell, okay then! :D I am fine now with that. And it is always nice to wake up with some posts on this forum! And the guitar is fine no returns, just don't yet, and I'm not planning to do that :D

Darn that loving Rickenbacker sound! <3

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am 

Hi again,
today while I was walking to the soundchecks on this talentshow, with my Ric. Suddenly, right outside, the handle broke off of the case.... :/ Any ideas for what to do?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:27 pm 

Did the guitar fall when the handle broke?, You mentioned that the case was not so good previously You have to get the case fixed so you can transport that fine axe safely

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:10 pm 

The repair will depend on which part(s) of the handle broke off. If only the part that you grip with your hand came off, and if the base (metal plate) that anchors the handle is still attached to the frame of the case, then I think it should not be too difficult to repair. If the plastic handle itself is broken, then you can possibly buy a RIC replacment handle (email RIC), or if you can be satisfied with a generic handle, find a shop that repairs things like luggage/suitcases, etc.... (Even with a RIC handle, you will probably need someone to re-attach it for you.)

If the base of the handle has pulled free from the frame, then it will be much more difficult.... But after looking at my cases, I would not think that this would be the point of failure. I'm betting the handle grip broke... (or the long rivets that attach the plastic handle grip to the handle base have broken....)

Where did it break? Can you post a photo or two? No matter where it broke, I would probably take it to a shop that does repairs like this (hopefully you can find one) and ask about repairing it.

In the mean time, maybe you have another case that the Rick will fit in? If not, then you will have to sacrifice some of your pride and dignity and tie a heavy rope around the center of the case and carry it like that.... :oops: Anyway, if you drop the case, it may be enough to break or crack the guitar, as jbudweiser is saying.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:36 pm 

jbud: The case it self had only some major markings on the plastic on top and the metal round the case. Under the upper (head-located) latch it has a crach approx 2-3cm. I have checked the guitar and have not seen any cracks or breakings on it.

Maxwell: It is only the plastic that is broken. The base is totally okay. I better find some rope now.. And unfortunately I do not have another hard case... Only gig-bags...

The case has protected the guitar really well! I am surprised! And I have dropped it twice... I don't know how to explain the first, but the second, haha! Yesterday it was a bit exhausting to carry the guitar that way...

Today I will use my acoustic on the "norway got talent" audition audition, since my bandmate kinda "betrayed" me.

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day, god bless you!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 am 

Lassiebacker, so glad to hear the guitar is all OK. I think Maxwell has given some good advice
If it is only the plastic handle that is broken, you will need to find someone who repairs suitcases/luggage, they may have a replacement handle. Other than that maybe Write to Ric, they might be able to help, but you will still need to find someone to connect it.
If the Ric handle is the same size as some other guitar cases or suitcase, you may find one.

Those handle are 13cm long, I also measured another different brand case, the handle measurements on both are exact, I think you will find one!

:idea: Maybe ask your Mother where she gets her shoes or handbag fixed, as if you find a proper boot maker he can make a leather handle, if he uses quality leather it will last. He maybe able to fix the existing handle by re gluing, bracing and then putting a binding over it that is tight and will help keep it from coming apart!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 am 

In the mean time, remember many great guitar players have had case problems. Johnny is one of them:
http://www.lyricsdepot.com/chuck-berry/johnny-b-goode.html :)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 am 

I've dropped cases before without it hurting my guitars. Rics are particularly durable, not vulnerable, though should always be secured properly within the case. My current 620/12 case is damn good.

If the handle of your case broke off, you can fix it, but I would suggest a new case all together. You can use a good gigbag for a short period (There are good ones; I see people lugging their expensive, custom cellos and other instruments in them all over campus) until you find the case that is right for you. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:37 pm 

maxwell wrote:
In the mean time, remember many great guitar players have had case problems. Johnny is one of them:
http://www.lyricsdepot.com/chuck-berry/johnny-b-goode.html :)

The old gunny sack!

:lol: Hey what is a gunny sack????

I'm an Aussie, but lassiebacker and I could do with a vernacular lesson on this one

Yes Max. I hope Lassiebacker can get his handle fixed, The idea of Lassiebacker plus soft case + Rickenbacker = Potential disaster. KidRic, is around young people,
Teenagers, so that's another concern

Would love to see the hard case handle fixed and guitar back in there safe for travel

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:16 pm 

Here's one that's just the right size for any guitar: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BURLAP-BAG-GUNNY-SACK-USED-BUT-CLEAN-42X26-heavy-duty-/270935715881#vi-content

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Board index » Just Guitars