Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your amplifiers for your RIC!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 am 

My Ric is a 650F and I am now on the search for a Ric 12 string.

I have gone almost totally digital. When out I use Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 on a laptop either directly into the PA or into a little Crate MX15R using the clean channel. I have a NI Rig Kontroller that acts as both the effects control and as my AD/DA converter.

In the studio I have a custom built computer that includes an M-Audio Delta1010 interface and the NI Guitar Rig software.

This setup gives me 17 amp sims, 27 cabinet sims, and over 50 effects. I can stack as many amp/speaker combos as I want and effect chains out the yang. The biggest problem is I spend way too much time fine tuning a sound, however once I find one I like I have total control on it.

With all this stuff it wasn't until I started reading this forum that I started to get The Sound out of my Ric. How did I do that? SIMPLIFY! So I owe a HUGE thanks to everyone here!

-Harry

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm 

Howdy,

I've been playing Rickenbackers since the mid-80s. During that time I've observed that Rickenbackers sound fantastic with any amp; they're easy to "dial in" with my old Vibro Champ, red knob twin and especially my Dr. Z Carmen Ghia. I cannot say that about my Teles or my ES-335.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:18 pm 

:D This past July I bought a 660-12 MG. I recently acquired a 350v63. I use an AC15 with a greenback, and a JC77. I am in heaven. Heaven, I tell you! Does it get any better?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm 

Ok this is always fun describing..... :ugeek: :ugeek:
the jumbled mess is my pedal board containing : a Morley ABC box routed as follows ....
A) Seymour Duncan TweakFuzz and Dunlop Crybaby running into the Vox AC4TV mini.
B) Electro Harmonix Holy Stain, Small Stone and Small Clone into the Kustom Double Barrel
C)Boss FDR1 , Danelectro Fab Echo and Fab Delay into a Fender Champion 110 that was modified into a head and powers a Fender 2x10 cabinet (that was a Princeton Chorus) .

the lovely hand you see in the photo is the hand that smacks me upside the head when I talk about getting a new guitar or amp :lol: Mr.Hall, if you like I can pm you her phone number and you can talk some sense into her about the necessity of a new Rickenbacker :lol:

Attachments:
1115121941.jpg [16.81 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
1115121942.jpg [12.53 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 pm 

I recently acquired a Tone King Imperial. It has become my primary go- to amp and it sounds great with both my 1997 and 360/12 CW. The amp's tremolo is the smoothest that I've heard. Prior to receiving the TK, my primary amp was a 2x10 Victoria Victoriette. I still use a Traynor YCV20WR on occasion.

730S Shiloh LH

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 am 

First Post so Hi....

I use a May 1964 1997 and a 2000 360/6 through a 1978 Vox AC30TB with reverb (Quite a rarity) with 2 Fane Speakers (Standard on that model amp)

various pedals... Boss Acoustic simulator, Boss SD2 overdrive, Boss CE2 chorus, Boss PS3 Phaser, Boss GE2 Equaliser, Vox Wah Wah (Original 60's not a re-issue)

Both guitars SING but the 1997 sounds best!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 am 

Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year to the Rickenbacker players!

I got myself a new amp for the holidays! (Thanks mom!) Yeah, it is a Vox AC4C1-BL the blue version and it sounds great with my 1997 360MG. It says it is 4 watts, but I think it is a LOT more. It is much louder than my Pathfinder 10.

I think it is a perfect duo for me who plays Beatles.

Darn that loving Rickenbacker sound! <3

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:36 am 

My current Rics played through the following amps.
Vox AC-30
Vox AC-15HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 pm 

Right now, I'm using a Labseries L5. It's an eighties solid-state with an incredible clean sound.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:56 am 

Vox tonelab . . . (the two-pedal one, floor model.)

- I use the Blackface amp/cab models for clean. With either a bit of reverb or delay.
- I use the AC 30 model, cranked to the gills, for a creamy, distorted lead sound.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Just Guitars