Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 650?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:04 am 

I've wanted a 660 for a long time due to the nut width, but the prices are a tad high. I just play at home and do prefer a warm tone (that you can get if you try). Play P90's currently. Just found out the 650 has the nut, mini humbuckers, great looking especially in fireglow and some colors. Used prices are lower than the 660, but hard to find. What can you tell me about tone, strummer mostly, playing out of a little vibro-champ. Lot's of Beatles, Van Morrison, Dylan. Yea, I'm stuck in the '60's. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: 650?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:42 pm 

Not sure how to edit my first post. I should have said the 650 has the 1 3/4 nut i want, i think the mini humbuckers should provide a bit warmer tone. I have been searching quite a bit and found one walnut for $800 in good condition (described by seller). I would love to get a green, red or blue with or without a natural center wood, maple or fireglo. Did find a used (described as just a few scratches) for $1250 in fireglo and a new mapleglo for $1570 or so. I would like to find one for $800-$1,000, not sure how realistc that is. Thanks again. Sorry I was not clearer in the first post.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:20 pm 

I recall seeing a Jetglo 650C on Reverb.com for $900(US) + shipping as well as a few 650 D models. You may want to check out Musician's Friend or Pick of the Ricks for a new 650C as the 650D has been discontinued. Both are RIC dealers. I have made many purchases from Pick of the Ricks sight unseen and I've been totally satisfied with every purchase. I hope that this helps

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:39 pm 

flyingeagle wrote:
I recall seeing a Jetglo 650C on Reverb.com for $900(US) + shipping as well as a few 650 D models. You may want to check out Musician's Friend or Pick of the Ricks for a new 650C as the 650D has been discontinued. Both are RIC dealers. I have made many purchases from Pick of the Ricks sight unseen and I've been totally satisfied with every purchase. I hope that this helps

Thanks, never heard of pick of the ricks, will look now. Did find a new Maple c but don't want to spend $1550.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:06 pm 

Sadly, you may find yourself waiting a while, but every now and then one does crop up for about 1K

A thought: Keeping the authorized dealers near the top of your mind, also make friends with the owner/manager of a small, independent music store. Quite often, they are very plugged in to the local scene and may know someone who is looking to sell something they just haven't quite bonded with.

"We are all musician.."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:25 am 

Thanks RicVic. I am looking on line everyday but maybe some phone calls are in order. I have even come to the decision that a color i always run from would be ok, black. Choices for me arecany color but walnut. That is not just the look but the oiled finish and nevk will be after an A or C, and no gold hardware. Being retired i can maje this a project.

Board index » Just Guitars