Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: New member, 1984 360
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:32 am 

Hi All, nice you have found you, here.

I just picked up this '84 Ric 360 in what appears to be Autumn Glo. This one has the slimline grovers and X bracing. I'm a HUGE Johnny Marr fan so I had to get this one from the same era of features (tho, 360 not 330...)

Regarding the color - I've heard different things about that era and this version, like, perhaps it could be a faded Fireglo, or walnut? Anyone care to comment on the actual color, is it truely Autumn Glo?

I also understand Rics from this era can be a bit heavier than others? At least that's what I've heard...

Thanks!

https://reverb.com/item/6583267-rickenbacker-360-1984-autumn-glo

Post subject: New member, 1984 360
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:12 pm 

Hi Shunky ---- judging that your Double Bound has 21 frets and an R Tailpiece, it would be a WB model. (WB or sometimes annotated WBBS) means With Binding both sides. Whereas the distinction OS or Old Style, usually referred to 21 fret necks with the Trapeze tailpiece.
Did you verify the date of manufacture with the Serial Number decoder here on the company Website ?

As for the color AutumnGlo -- someone with expertise on those color Finishes will have to comment. I don't know enough about the distinctions of Finishes and which years AutumnGlo was offered. And they had Walnut and Montezuma Brown finishes.

Enjoy your Rickenbacker !

Post subject: Re: New member, 1984 360
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 pm 

It actually looks more like an amber fireglo(which wasn't made at that time), but a fireglo that has aged to an amberish color. Autumnglo was a lot more of a goldish tan sunburst color. But the pictures could distort the color also.

Board index » Just Guitars