Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 1993 Plus arrival...
 Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 am 

Have to post on the arrival of a new 1993 Plus in Mapleglo. This guitar is much more than I expected. It definitely rivals the 360/12C63 in every aspect. The wider nut makes for a slightly less cramped fretboard, which is great. (Thanks Tom and Pete). The sound of this model is incredible, right up with the highest end 381V69/12. I use a Vox AC15 w/Celestion Creamback (which really makes a Rick sparkle), and the 3 toaster setup is surprisingly versatile. It's a bit heavier than the usual Rick, but not a big deal. And although it has the 6-saddle bridge the intonation is quite good. Had to sell my 330 Amber Fireglo but this thing is worth it! The 1993 Plus is a true classic guitar with an iconic sound...nice going Pete & RIC!

Post subject: Re: 1993 Plus arrival...
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:57 pm 

Congrats on your new Ric. My brother owns the same model (also in MapleGlo), and loves the guitar.
He just had a 12 saddle bridge installed by our local luthier. Can't figure out why all the 12 string models wouldn't come with a 12 bit bridge for better intonation, but there are a lot of things Rickenbacker does (or does not) do, that seems would be common sense, but just do not do. :? I've given up trying to figure it out.
Enjoy your new guitar, the 1993Plus is a beauty!!! ;)

Post subject: Re: 1993 Plus arrival...
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 am 

Thanks, it's a fine model. As far the bridge goes, apparently Pete Townshend specifically requested the 6-saddle, stating it was truer to the original sound. The neck is pretty straight, and I don't notice any off sounding strings. Tried to post some photos but keeps coming up as invalid...

Board index » Just Guitars