Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your OTHER guitars!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:52 am 

hi, I 've recently acquired my first Ric a 330/6 mapleglo capri and I must say after a week I am still getting into her though I do need to buy a good fitting truss rod key to tweek just that little bit. As to my other babies I have my very first strat like thunder which I bought second hand 30 years ago and have upgrade through time. My second is an aria ta 30 pro II which was my very first new guitar, today only the wood is original and I still use her each week to jam. I have an old acoustic lying around. more recently bought a Taylor t5, one of my fav s a taylor t3 b, a heavily moded gretsch 5120, my plexi dan ampeg and a fender jaguar thinline, oeps nearly forgot my unplayable (nearly) galanti 12 string & my fender p- bass, christ wood and strings are a piling up but I love all my babes dearly.......

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 am 

Here's my Epiphone S-310 in Jetglo. It's a 1995 that I rebuilt.

Overall:

Body:

Bridge pickup is a 2002 Rick HB1 (15K), middle is a 1968 Toaster (7.9K), Neck is a 1999 Epiphone mini-humbucker (6.39K).

Terrapin Guitars made the pickguard and truss rod cover. I sent them the pickups to ensure that they fit properly. Schaller strap locks keep it safe. Bone nut added as well. 5 way switch, one vol, one tone. It's a nice player!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:57 am 

My other guitars are a Gretsch G6122-1962 country gentleman and Fender Strat. I don't care much for the strat anymore. I use the Gretsch on most of the Beatles songs and some Stones. But you can't beat the Rics for the Beatles especially the 360/12C63.

360/6 FG
360/12C63 FG
Gretsch G6122-1962 country gentleman
Fender Strat
Vox AC30

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:36 pm 

Rickenbacker 360/12 FG
Rickenbacker 330/6 FG
Gibson Les Paul Classic Cinnamon Burst
Gibson SG P-90's Cherry
Gretsch 6119-HT Dark Red
Fender Telecaster '52 RI Butterscotch Blonde
Fender Jeff Beck Stratocaster Midnight Purple
Epiphone Sheraton II (set up for slide)

I love 'em all and play 'm all. They all sound and play different, and one size doesn't fit all, by any means. My favorite blues axe is the Tele, most versatile is the Strat, loudest is the Les Paul. Favorite one's to play (& be envied by other guitar players) :twisted: are the Rickenbackers!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:40 am 

My current collection:

Gibson SG
Rickenbacker 620/12
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe (MIM)
Fender Classical
Memphis Flying V (MIJ)
Peavey Predator (MIA)
Austin Telecaster
PRS 245 SE
Lag Imperator

I traded most of my guitars within the past year. My Gibson, Rickenbacker, and classical guitars are the only ones that I've had for over a year. I got the SG in 2005, Rickenbacker in 2011 (it's a 2009 model), and classical in 2009. I do trades because I want different gear, get bored of what I have, and I can't stand to let guitars just sit in the case. It's like when I had a Facebook; if we don't talk at all, I deleted you.

Some of the guitars I have will never appreciate in value; others will retain it rather than appreciate. I never bought them as investments, but as tools for my music. My amps and choice effects, on the other hand, will increase as time goes on.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:58 pm 

I'm inbetween ricks which means I play through this monster:

It plays surprisingly well for a twenty year old Fender that I've broken in half, sawed into, sanded and painted several times.. The back has a 6x6inch square hole cut into it for when I need to poke around. Lol

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:06 am 

I never thought that I could be disturbed by a guitar...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 am 

Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
I never thought that I could be disturbed by a guitar...

:lol:

I've had it since I was only 13 years old. It's certainly been through the mill. I used to play it at a local college bar during my twenties and not to make it even more disturbing but sometimes I'd play so hard my strumming fingers would bleed and if you look inside the soundhole you can still see. I'm proud of that guitar even though it's worthless. It's my history.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:46 pm 

This is my recent acquisition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqF_Z21_jU8

It's 60's MIJ Raven/Univox 330 (Gibson, not Rickenbacker) copy.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:26 pm 

Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
My current collection:

Gibson SG
Rickenbacker 620/12
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe (MIM)
Fender Classical
Memphis Flying V (MIJ)
Peavey Predator (MIA)
Austin Telecaster
PRS 245 SE
Lag Imperator

I traded most of my guitars within the past year. My Gibson, Rickenbacker, and classical guitars are the only ones that I've had for over a year. I got the SG in 2005, Rickenbacker in 2011 (it's a 2009 model), and classical in 2009. I do trades because I want different gear, get bored of what I have, and I can't stand to let guitars just sit in the case. It's like when I had a Facebook; if we don't talk at all, I deleted you.

Some of the guitars I have will never appreciate in value; others will retain it rather than appreciate. I never bought them as investments, but as tools for my music. My amps and choice effects, on the other hand, will increase as time goes on.

Revision:
SG
Rick
Peavey
PRS
Raven 330 (Not Rickenbacker 330; Gibson 330)
Epiphone Custom Les Paul
Squier Butterscotch Tele

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Board index » Just Guitars