Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your OTHER guitars!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:46 pm 

Quote:
Besides my 3 RICs, I have a couple of Strats and a Tele. My acoustics include a Seagull, a J-45RW, and a Flatrion mandolin. All but one Strat is left-handed.

now it's five RICs and .....

Collings 290
Fender MIM Strat
Fender AmSe Strat
Fender CS NOS '61 Strat
Fender CS NOS '62 Tele Custom
Gibson J-45 Rosewood
Gibson Flatrion mandolin
Seagull S6+ Folk

(other than the MIM Strat, all including the RICs are left-handed)

730S Shiloh LH
4003 LH FG

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:18 am 

Quote:

Here's an additional question - my wife believes that I am a Fender and Rickenbacker player, she feels that they have a certain lightness that the Gibson's don't have - so my question is:

" What guitar(s) does your wife\girlfriend\husband\boyfriend\life partner think that you should play - and why? ".

I think answer #1 would be "NONE- then the bank account would be many $1,000 of Dollars better off." That said, my wife of 29 years, god bless her, is not really into guitars. When we were first married, I owned only one guitar, a reddish sunburst Gibson SG 3. On day I swapped it with a friend for a black Strat. My friend threw in a distinctive checkerboard strap. Susie came into the apartment to find me playing my new acquisition. She looked at me and the Strat for several seconds, then asked "is that a new strap?"

hahahaha sounds like my wife :) I say "maplego 360/12" and she says " that's the one that's just regular wood color right?" hahaha

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 am 

My Guitars:

1) 1996 Rickenbacker - not sure of the model# but it is a solid body guitar with 2 pickups, a small 5th knob, an "R" tailpiece, ROS output, bi-level pick guard, and all of the hardware (tailpiece, pickups, etc) are black, not chrome.

I also have:
2) 1979 Gibson Tobacco Sunburst ES335 purchased used but in pristine condition from the same guy who sold me the Rickenbacker (paid $1500 for the pair)

3) 1980something Fender Stratocaster w/rosewood fretboard, locking nut, Floyd Rose Bridge w/wammy bar and fine tuners, in a really cool blue color painted body.

4) 1979 Gibson Les Paul Standard Black Beauty (custom ordered) which I bought brand new at Manny's on 48th st in Manhattan, autographed personally by Les Paul 13 years before he died.

5) 1979 Takamine "lawsuit" Acoustic w/Solid Mahogany top, sides, neck, & back

6) 2006 Fender Acoustic 6 string drednaut

7) 2010 Martin GPCPA1
http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/GPCPA1.htm

8) Line6 Variax Acoustic 700 which models and reproduces the sounds of the following great guitars:
•Martin size 5 "Parlor"
•Martin 000-18
•Martin D-28
•Gibson J-45
•Gibson J-200
•Selmer-Maccaferri
•D'Angelico New Yorker
•Nylon String Classical
•Guild F412 12-String
•Stella 12-String
•National Style O
•Wood body Dobro
•Gibson Mastertone Banjo
•Mandocello
•Japanese Shamisen
•Traditional Indian Sitar

9) 1999 Guild F412 12 string acoustic guitar

10) ...and a no-name knock around acoustic-electric guitar that I can take on the boat and not care if I have to use it as an oar.

If someone could help me figure out the model# and history of my Ric, I would appreciate it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:50 am 

Quote:
If someone could help me figure out the model# and history of my Ric, I would appreciate it.

Welcome to the RIC Forums. To identify your Rickenbacker model, just go to the Service tab above and click on Model Identification. You can also find out the month and year your Rick was manufactured by using the Serial Number Decoder.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 pm 

I have posted on this thread before but things have changed...

Ric 330
Ric 360

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Gibson SG Faded
Gibson ES 125

I find the Gibsons to be complimentary to my Rics. Gassing for a 620...must resist

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 am 

Newbie to this forum- 1st post.... My collection is awaiting imminent delivery of my FIRST Ric (a 370/12), so we are all eagerly absorbing as much info as we can to help heighten the anticipation.... For the rest of my stuff:

1x 1958 Spanish made flamenco nylon string tenor guitar (a bit of an oddball) My oldest rig. 45 years with me.
2x Takemine G series dreadnaughts 12str and 6str. I spent a couple of decades in a Celtic folk band, they were, and are still invaluable folk/recording instruments.
2x Fender electrics- Precision bass and Strat, matched pair in sunburst with custom pickguards, both from the late 1970s, but sadly not US made.. Still, they play well.
1x Fender sunburst FJ accoustic, all original, although I'm thinking of putting a pickup in it...
2x Beaver Creek accoustics. Anyone ever heard of 'em? They're my "camp" guitars- not much sound, but I can write with them anywhere and not worry about scratches, etc.
1x Ibanez ST300 from the late 70's- my workhorse axe for 20 years, in need of some TLC right now.
And until the 370/12 arrives,
1x 1970 Gretsch 6122 CG, recently fully restored but carefully NOT refinished... Had this one since 74. My baby, for now.

That's the current inventory. Too many more have left my hands or been traded away to mention for the present.

"We are all musician.."

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:38 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Here's an additional question - my wife believes that I am a Fender and Rickenbacker player, she feels that they have a certain lightness that the Gibson's don't have - so my question is:

" What guitar(s) does your wife\girlfriend\husband\boyfriend\life partner think that you should play - and why? ".

I think answer #1 would be "NONE- then the bank account would be many $1,000 of Dollars better off." That said, my wife of 29 years, god bless her, is not really into guitars. When we were first married, I owned only one guitar, a reddish sunburst Gibson SG 3. On day I swapped it with a friend for a black Strat. My friend threw in a distinctive checkerboard strap. Susie came into the apartment to find me playing my new acquisition. She looked at me and the Strat for several seconds, then asked "is that a new strap?"

hahahaha sounds like my wife :) I say "maplego 360/12" and she says " that's the one that's just regular wood color right?" hahaha

MY wife(bless her) doesn't mind my collection, so long as I make sure she can strum the odd one every now and then. Plus, she collects designer dolls at up to a thousand or so per, so as long as I don't bother her about her collection, she pretty much lets me hang onto mine (but for some reason, I am only allowed to have one at a time upstairs, while 90% of her dolls are in a custom-made, illuminated cherry and glass case about four feet from my left elbow as I a write this...)

"We are all musician.."

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 am 

I have a Harley Benton HBE1335 II in sunburst and Morgan W-01 also in sunburst, I wish I had a Ric

Darn that loving Rickenbacker sound! <3

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 am 

1. 1973-1/2 Natural hardtail Strat - bought new when I was 15
2. 1963 Gibson LG-0 with ebony replacement bridge (orig was bakelite)
3. 1999 Esteve spruce and rosewood classical
4. 1993 Peavey Fury bass ($50 pawn shop find)
5. 2010 360/12C63

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:34 pm 

Quote:
Newbie to this forum- 1st post.... My collection is awaiting imminent delivery of my FIRST Ric (a 370/12), so we are all eagerly absorbing as much info as we can to help heighten the anticipation.... For the rest of my stuff:

1x 1958 Spanish made flamenco nylon string tenor guitar (a bit of an oddball) My oldest rig. 45 years with me.
2x Takemine G series dreadnaughts 12str and 6str. I spent a couple of decades in a Celtic folk band, they were, and are still invaluable folk/recording instruments.
2x Fender electrics- Precision bass and Strat, matched pair in sunburst with custom pickguards, both from the late 1970s, but sadly not US made.. Still, they play well.
1x Fender sunburst FJ accoustic, all original, although I'm thinking of putting a pickup in it...
2x Beaver Creek accoustics. Anyone ever heard of 'em? They're my "camp" guitars- not much sound, but I can write with them anywhere and not worry about scratches, etc.
And until the 370/12 arrives,
1x 1970 Gretsch 6122 CG, recently fully restored but carefully NOT refinished... Had this one since 74. My baby, for now.

That's the current inventory. Too many more have left my hands or been traded away to mention for the present.

Update- Just sold the Ibanez... gonzo. Lasted less than a week on the rack in the local store, too.

"We are all musician.."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

Board index » Just Guitars