Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your OTHER guitars!
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:31 am 

Hi Guys'n'Gals,

A few yards behind my PT1998 & my '59 360 Capri are -

Gretsch 6119/62ht & Electromatic white g5124.
Fender 62 tele re-issue.
Dano 56 u2 & 59 DC re-issues.
Hofner '64 500/1 Bass.
Harmony '66 H22 Bass.

Always go back to the PT (thrashed it last weds.)That baby just oozes tone....put that down to 20 years of belt buckles and sweat.

Awesome,awesome Rick !

Laters.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:07 pm 

Quote:
FLDavid - If you are looking in that 'league' don't pass over Huss and Dalton or Santa Cruz as they are all right up there with the very best. . .

Perhaps too early to post in our "Your OTHER Guitars!" thread, but I've just pulled the trigger on a 2006 Huss & Dalton OM-C. It'll be shipped from Woodstock tomorrow (Monday 24 July), so I hope to have it mid-week. Thanks to Alanbass1 for turning me on to these exquisite instruments.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 pm 

What other guitars? You mean there's another company besides RIC?

MMM

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:22 pm 

The sole Ric? a 1986 340MG

My others:

Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Tele (with Big Ugly Bigsby B16 Bendy Bar)
Gretsch Jet Firebird
Gretsch Roundup
Gretsch Pro Jet
Danelectro '56 Pro
Epiphone Firebird VII
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Hagstrom F-300
Agile AL-2000

Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird
Danelectro 6-String Bass
Squier Bronco Bass
Gretsch Synchromatic Bass

Gretsch Single Anniversary
Gretsch G3140
Epiphone Sorrento

Gretsch Hawaiian Acoustic
Gretsch Dreadnought Acoustic
Silvertone Archtop Acoustic
Hagstrom Orchestra Acoustic
Cordoba Classical
Rogue Triolian Resonator

Gretsch Lap Steel
Supro Lap Steel

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 pm 

OK, now that Dignan's posted, I think I can open the gates here. (What took you so long, Dig?)

I have 14 Ricks, all acquired in the last year and a half.

These include a couple of 320s and 325s, a 360WB in rare Ruby, a '60 365 Capri which has just undergone a complete restoration and will be at RIC 75, a '76 4001, an ES-16, a RM 1998 reissue, a 381V69, a 660/12, a 730L/12, a 450/12, a 325/12, a 430, and a couple of others in the works.

Nice variety, in other words. All I wanted was a C58, but so far that one has eluded me. Someday soon, I think.

Since I play in a surf band, I've indulged myself with two Fender Jags, both CIJs. One is CAR with Duncan high-output vintage pickups; the other is Antigua with American Jag pickups.

I also have a Fender Japan sunburst '59 Jazzmaster replica with anodized guard and Curtis Novak pickups, and a Fender Japan burst Mustang with MOP guard and black pickup covers. These are both '05s and quality was spotty. The Mustang was perfect right out of the box. I think the JM jad been sitting around the shop awhile before I bit on it. It had a LOT of surface scratching from installing the anodized pickguard, which has a stamping burr on the back edge. The rhythm circuit switch and pots were all loose due to the bracket being improperly countersunk for the mounting screws. It took me a whole day to get this one playable and precentable.

Then there's the Eastwood Guyatone replica in white with tortoiseshell guard and 4 pickups, and the weird (22 1/2") short-scale "winged" Jaguar that I built. I also use a Squier Venus 12 string; can't compare with a Rick, but it's plenty strange. There was all this white powder in the case when I opened it...(inside joke)

I probably left out a couple in this category, too...

I love Gretsches, and have an '05 6122/59 Yandell/Atkins CC that is so sweet...and an '04 6120JR2 that is a lovely player with fabulous tone. Then there's an assortment of semi-solid Electromatics (five, I think) with all sorts of pickups (none stock; all have been retrofitted with FTs and other Gretsch pickups). One is being converted to a 12 string, and another single cut has been rebuilt into a 120th Annie solid with Bamboo Yellow/Copper Mist paint, Bigsby and FTs. Solid bar bridge, too.

There's a couple more, too; these are under beds and at my office and my memory is a bit foggy.

I have a 12-string Hamer bass that I use on a couple of songs; a charanga that creeps me out every time I flip it over; a wonderful Washburn Cumberland 12 string jumbo, a couple of Brasilian Rosewood, made-in-Brasil classical guitars, a gorgeous Ibanez all-maple 6-string acoustic...A single-pickup burst Carlo Robelli Jazz guitar--a real Chinese honey!

All in all, 32 guitars. Then there's the amps; a nice assortment of tube and SS, including a '66 blackface Bandmaster and a '66 Magnatone M-10 with rare Magnatone 12" extension speaker in matching cabinet. A Rickenbacker PA.

Keyboards: Yeah, a few. A '66 Teisco Nomad Dual, an '88 WERSI Beta 400 Digital Combo organ, a new Casio Privia 610 (?), a '70 Farfisa Duo Professional Sly Stone/Led Zeppelin thingie, a '68 Elka Panther Deluxe once owned by the Strawberry Alarm Clock (smells like Incense and Peppermints...) and a Crumar 61 that is currently listed as "lost" by UPS. I still have my very first combo organ, a 1964 Farfisa portable reed organ that I fitted with an omni crystal mike pickup and volume pot. One sound--shrill. Three octaves. A real giant-killer and sinus clearer.

Lots of effects including a rare Fender oilcan reverb. Tonelab SE, etc.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:23 pm 

Dang, Paul. You need a few more guitars. We wouldn't want you falling behind anyone else.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:45 pm 

The best rick PW has is his 450/12.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:59 am 

I have a Peavey Raptor, and as of 4 hours ago an Epiphone Les Paul

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:30 am 

In addition to my 2005 330MG I have the following:

Reverend Avenger
Reverend Hotshot Jr.
Epiphone Les Paul
Taylor 410K
Tacoma Papoose
Yamaha acoustic

I may be reducing my modest collection by a couple. The Papoose doesn't get played much, and the Hotshot Jr. covers some of the same tonal territory as my 330.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:53 pm 

Quote:
My current 'other' guitars:

1979 Gibson L5S (HB pups & very rare Wine Red)

1979 Gibson L5S (HB pups & antique natural)

1982 Gibson Heritage Korina Moderne

1983 Gibson Heritage Korina Explorer (Custom Shop)

1983 Gibson Heritage Korina Flying V

1981 Gibson 'The V' Flying V

1989 Gibson '67 reissue Flying V (prototype?)

1997 Gibson EC-10 (like J-185C electro acoustic)

2002 Gibson Flying V Custom (Custom Shop 1 of 40)

1963 Fender Stratocaster (Dakota Red)

1969 Fender Telecaster (Olympic White)

1991 Fender Newporter Acoustic

1999 & 2001 Fender '57 reissue Stratocaster (both white blonde)

2005 Fender '52 reissue Telecaster (special order in White Blonde)

2002 Fender Mustang Bass

I think that's all of them, nice bunch of axes! I've owned many many more in the past, all gone but never forgotten...

Wait till my Flying V mate Andreja sees this thread, now HE has a collection!!!

Cheers, Kez

Dear brother from Australia and Flying V mate,
First CONGRATULATIONS on fine guitars you are puting together.I hope you spend more money and get much more guitars in future months/years/decades.

As you know already, there is no STOP one's you start collecting because this thing called GAS works on you in terrible ways.
I have accumulated many guitars in the last 3 decades and will need some time to put it on paper.
But I can tell you what were my last purchases:
a 56 Gretsch Country Club,a rare Danelectro Longhorn Guitarlin from 65 (Link Wray) and a 360/V64 Rick Reissue from 99.I also got me a - Jupiter Thunderbird Gretsch as played by Billy Gibons ( gift from Bo Diddly)and got me my 3rd.Masterbuild 54 an. strat build by Chris Fleming ( this are the very last Masterbuild Limited realises 54 anniversary strat build for 2004 orders).I think of them as the best recent strats that can get close to original pre CBS quality and will become very collectible in the future years.So get yous till you can!!!

In this moment I am fighting to get a 63 National map shapped plastic " skin"color guitar.
A 64 - 65 Reverse Firebird lll ( refinished) a Non Reverse Firebird l and few others ( a 64 335 with stoptail beeing the main shoot).

My concern is: where all these guitars will be when I will not be alive anymore? are you going to pick them Kez Korina?
Keep rocking,
Andreja

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next

Board index » Just Guitars