Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 370/6 owners?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:48 am 

Having picked up a 370/6 VP earlier this year, I was wondering how many other forum contributors may own one? If you do, are you using it primarily for lead or rhythm?

Post subject: Re: 370/6 owners?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:53 am 

I have a 370/6. I didn't think having three pickups added anything. I eventually put toasters in the neck and bridge positions and wired the fifth knob as a volume control for the high-gain in the middle. Pretty versatile now.

I try using it for lead but I'm one of those guys who finds the finish on the neck very sticky when my hand gets sweaty so it's primarily rhythm for me.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:01 am 

Steam,

I have one that's a 370/12 VP MG that I use for both. I think the extra VP gives it a full sound. I play it a lot.

MMM

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:05 pm 

I play one mostly for rhythm, but it does leads just fine. I have mostly been playing my 650 and 660's lately, so it was great to pick up my 370/6 recently and have a little time to bond with it again.

There is a considerable amount of magic in that guitar that is generated from the wood, body chambers, neck and pickups. It really sings and was surprisingly easy to play even after using wider-fretboard Ricks lately.

A very fun thing to do is to split the Ric-O-Sound into two different amps- effectively making a wider conduit for that magic.

This may still be my favorite Rick, but it does have a lot of competition.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm 

I own a 370/6 Burgundyglo with hi-gains. Haven't changed a thing on it. Good for both lead and rhythm. Performed marvelously during our school's winter holiday pageant. Hooked it up to a Roger Mayer Fuzz Face Classic that was then connected to a Mesa/Boogie Subway blues tube amp. Turned off the fuzz box for "The Hat I Got For Christmas Is Too Big." Turned it on for "I Want Christmas," where I changed the lyrics to Good Charlotte's version of "I Want Candy." We rocked the aud. Took a gander over at my principal. She wasn't smiling. Hmmm....

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:29 pm 

Some people just have NO sense of humor.Good for you,Goofyfoot...keep rattling those cages!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:15 am 

Quote:
Some people just have NO sense of humor.Good for you, Goofyfoot...keep rattling those cages!

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, brah. You've got to a have a sense of humor to teach at L.A Unified School District. Otherwise, one foot's already in the loony bin. The 4th-graders dug the "live" sound rather than singing to canned CD music. They were groovin' to those Bo Diddley-like riffs on "I Want Christmas." The funniest thing was grade-level teachers had to train the Young Peeps to really loosen up. The YPs are so used to us keeping 'em in line. LOL. I'll let other grade levels do the trad songs. Next year ? I might revisit John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" and run it right into The Beatles' "All You Need Is Love." Know of any good horn players I can use for the latter song ? |:=) Peace, out....Goofyfoot.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:49 am 

Howdy,

Sounded like a fun Christmas show, Goofyfoot! Like you, I'm a teacher. Here in Shreveport,La., I've been singing Chuck Berry's "Run Rudolph, Run" for longer than I care to remember. It usually goes over well at Christmas shows.

Back in 1993 we put on a serious, rockin' show for Christmas. The band director used his sax, the orchestra director spun his stand-up Bass in circles as he slapped, and I bashed away with my JG 330/6 through a cranked Fender Delux Reverb, while a student pounded the drums. There were some 300+ in attendance and I didn't hear a THING after I played the Chuck Berry intro! The kids outroared us, LOL. And the kids thought I was a Basketball coach, LOL. 2.5 more years of teaching Sp.Ed. and I can semi-retire to strumming my Ricks and Martins!

Eggman
PS: Actually, I'll still have to find a job, but one can dream ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:12 am 

Hey, Eggman....Happy new year to you ! Thanks for the tip on Chuck Berry's "Run, Rudolph Run." That must've been one amazing, rip-roaring holiday blowout in '93. Anytime you have a band director blowing his sax, the orchestra director twirling his upright bass, a student drummer, a boatload of singing kids cranking out serious volume, and The Eggman shreddin' away on his 330/6 JG....well, that had to be one righteous performance. "Run, Rudolph Run" is up now for serious consideration for next year's effort because The Eggman tipped me off. Hmmm, how 'bout that and "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer ?" You know, there's kind of a reindeer theme goin' on there.

Wow, you're a special ed teacher, huh ? My hat's off to you, brah. It takes a special, caring, evenly disposed person to do what you do. More power to you. Keep on keepin' on. I enjoy reading your insight into various forum topics. Best regards....G-foot.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 am 

Hey Goofyfoot and Eggman, future teacher here...I'm in my MAT program to teach high school. I just did a guest lecture spot for History of Rock Music in my old high school where I sub and do observations. I took in two Rics and some other guitars. My 360/12v64 was the hit of the day. They totally dug the sounds and vibe. It's now going to be something that I do every semester for the classes.

Board index » Just Guitars