Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Looking for 12-saddle bridge
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:58 am 

I'm interested in buying a 12-saddle bridge to replace the 6-saddle on my 330/12, but the boutique doesn't show any in stock. Does anybody know where I can get one? Or is it even worth the hassle?

Post subject: Re: Looking for 12-saddle bridge
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:24 am 

Unless you're having string pair intonation problems that truss rod adjustment, bridge height adjustment, and changing string brands/gauges can't cure, a twelve saddle bridge will do little except possibly change the tone of your 330/12.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:18 pm 

Try Mike Parks,at The Rickenbacker Page...part # 00821,$80 plus shipping...but Beatlefreak is right,it may change the tone of your RIC,and you'll have to (pay someone to) have it slotted for your favorite brand of strings,as well,I don't think that they come pre-slotted...I have three RIC 12-strings,and none of them have 12 saddle bridges,so it's never been an issue to me...let us know how it turns out...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:00 am 

I had to wait several weeks to see the 12 string saddle in stock, in Rickenbacker page. I ordered it and it came safely. Surely I had to make carefully every slot paying special attention to string gauge and separation. For me it was worth the effort and waiting time.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:27 am 

Brian, I have a used but very clean 12 saddle bridge that had been installed on my 620/12. When I sold the guitar, the new owner wanted it returned back to the 6 saddle instead. Because of clearance issues with the tailpiece on the 620/12, it had been reversed so that the adjustment screws were between the bridge and the treble pickup. e-mail me for pics and a price. Mike emjayw@sbcglobal.net

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:38 am 

Hi there. I am currently debating as to whether I should have my 12 string saddle/bridge slotted professionaly or do it myself. I have purchased some needle files and would love to do it on myself. Anyone have any tips on how I should tackle this? I mean I have a general idea, I just don't want to stuff up. Anyone done this on their own?
Thanks....

Board index » Just Guitars