Board index » Just Basses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 4003 Backorder
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:17 am 

Ric seems to have a long waiting list for guitars. I have had a bass on orderd since may 05, I will be happy when it gets here. OH it is a special order and I think that is why it is taking so long, but who knows. If you want a 4003 now, Try Atlanta discount music, George has a 4003 fg and a 4001c64 fg in stock as of yesterday. George is a fair man and will treat you right.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:08 am 

I put my name on a 4003 Blueburst in August of 2005 that "The Rickenbacker Page" in North Carolina (Great place to buy Ric's from by the way) has had on order since late January 2005. I watched about 25 Blueburst 4003's get shipped (via the recent shipped info on the RIC website) in September and was hoping that mine might be real soon. Well, it wasn't. Sigh! It's now been a year since that order was submitted, but they seem to be producing other instruments at present.

All we can do is be patient and know that RIC is doing everything they can to produce instruments that meet their very high standards as quickly as they can. I get the feeling (from posts from Mr. Hall) that he considers this backlog issue a top priority.

I do believe that the backlog is an indicator of just how good and desireable these instruments are, especially being made in the USA, and when compared with what else is out there.

Thanks many times over to John Hall, and RIC, we're with ya.
Roy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:49 am 

Wow. I guess I was lucky. I ordered from MF in early December when they actually had one in stock (4003mg). I had no idea it was their last one, until I checked back a few days later and they showed no availability in any color. I am SO glad its sitting right next to me.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:36 am 

Those big chains online and their order dates are nonsense. There are many dealers around with new basses in stock.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:14 pm 

When I checked just a little while ago, The Rickenbacker Page, in North Carolina (www.ricpage.com), has a Montezuma Brown and a Blue Boy 4003 in stock right now (among other RIC guitars and basses used and new). They also have a list of what's on order and when they were ordered, and they put SOLD next to those on order that have already been reserved. That will give someone looking for a RIC a chance to reserve one that has already been on the order list for up to a year.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:42 pm 

I use gbase.com...
It is a great site with many dealers linked in.
Maybe you will have luck there.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:15 am 

Try "pick of the ricks".com, they have a few 4003's in stock also.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:01 am 

Quote:
Wow. I guess I was lucky. I ordered from MF in early December when they actually had one in stock (4003mg). I had no idea it was their last one, until I checked back a few days later and they showed no availability in any color. I am SO glad its sitting right next to me.

I guess I am also, I just ordered a 4003jg which is exactly what I have been wanting forever. American musicial had one in stock. They did say when I questioned them about it, had it been a return , have you had it forever, when did you recieve it ect... That some of their rics come out of "Victors house of music" in NJ. Checked ups track and something is coming here,it should be here tuesday!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Victors IS American Music Supply.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:36 am 

Quote:
Victors IS American Music Supply.

I assumed that after I looked it up but not being sure I didn't want to make that kind of statement.Thanks for the clarification.
Looking forward to recieving it. After waiting 20 years to do this I couldnt see waiting a year or so, found the 4003 jg I wanted in stock.

BTW nice to meet you Mr.Hall

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Just Basses