Board index » Just Basses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 4003 Backorder
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:16 am 

unless he just chose a lefty avatar you have to factor in that lefty 4003's will take much longer to come than righties. apparently the wait for all things lefty is currently 2+ years on new orders.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:55 am 

Through my travels around to the music stores in southeastern Wisconsin, I have noticed Rics leaving the shelves in a hurry lately. So at least when you get one you know it hasn't been sitting around long.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:30 am 

Quote:
unless he just chose a lefty avatar you have to factor in that lefty 4003's will take much longer to come than righties. apparently the wait for all things lefty is currently 2+ years on new orders.

Ive heard millions of time frames, but leftys are hard to classify since they are "thrown in" with productions of the rightys. Another factor to remember is 4003's are always in production.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:06 am 

Quote:

I did choose a lefty by accident, The bass is over halfway here, looking forward to recieving it tommorow!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:58 am 

I was told two years for my lefty, orderd may-05, should get by may-07, oh the pain. :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:03 am 

Quote:
Hi I'm new to the forum, and it is very cool to see how people are so enthusiastic about their instruments.

I purchased a 4003 for the first time back in early December from Musician's Friend website, and it is still on backorder; the date keeps getting pushed.

I'm anxious, especially after seeing this website and reading the posts. I'd like to send a message to all of the craftsmen/craftswomen that even though I'm anxious, obviously I'd much prefer the instruments be built properly and wait until the paint and glue are dry rather than sending them out early.

If anyone is in the know, is there a rough guess as to when I could expect my 4003 to arrive?

Thank you, I enjoy reading all your messages.
I got lucky & ordered one from Same Day Music & got it one week. I also got one from a boutique in PA (Guitar Villa) So I ended up with 2. I ebayed one for a $200 profit. You should call around & find one the just cancel your Music 123 order or get & ebay one of 'em.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:05 pm 

"Ive heard millions of time frames, but leftys are hard to classify since they are "thrown in" with productions of the rightys. Another factor to remember is 4003's are always in production. "

the 2 year wait on lefty orders is from Rickenbacker. they sent a sheet to their dealers with the ETA's of the various models. All things lefty listed at 2+ years wait.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:51 pm 

musicians friend reps insist the the "due dates" are what rickenbacker tells them and that it's rickenbacker that keeps bumping the dates. there are three dealers in north oklahoma, all are out of stock so i must wait. i'm sure it will be worth it though.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:17 pm 

Quote:
"Ive heard millions of time frames, but leftys are hard to classify since they are "thrown in" with productions of the rightys. Another factor to remember is 4003's are always in production. "

the 2 year wait on lefty orders is from Rickenbacker. they sent a sheet to their dealers with the ETA's of the various models. All things lefty listed at 2+ years wait.

When I originally ordered my lefty in june '05 they quoted me 9-12 months through E-mail from Rickenbacker. I was just stating that the wait fluctuates and it all depends on when you ordered yours. But currently it is 2 year wait if ordered today.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:29 am 

I ordered my lefty in may-05 and was told by e-mail from ric not to except it until may 07 which will be two years. Of course that is the longest amount of time, I hope it will be sooner then two years, one can only hope.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Just Basses