Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: left handed...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:09 am 

hello everyone, new to the forums.
earlier this week i stepped into samash music store asking about a left handed rickenbacker 4003 fireglo in a left handed version. the dealer told me that it is possible to get a left handed 4003 but i would need to wait about a year for manufacture and shipping considering its a custom order. i read about that rickenbacker is not producing anymore left handed bass's anymore due to the large back log. is this true? i want to know because iv had my heart set on this bass for a while and i decided to finally save up but i need to know if i can actually save up for it or not. thank you.

Post subject: Re: left handed...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 am 

As far as I know, Ric has put left-handed models on hiatus. Official Ric dealers may have new-old stock or used lefty models. It's going to take some "leg work" on your part - become a member of the RRF (Rick Resource Forum), check e-Bay frequently and search Ric dealer websites. With a little research and due diligence, I'm certain you'll be able to find one.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 am 

yeah, I'd really like to hear the official Ric press release about left handed models ... if it was due to a large number of lefties being made and remaining unsold then where are they ... have the back log been sold off by now? Has Mr Hall ever said anything here?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 am 

I think by back log they mean that there are so many righty orders to fill that they just don't have time to make any lefties. I think even new right-hander orders have a good long time to wait. Every once in a while, they sneak a few lefties out, but it's pretty rare, as far as I can tell. One thing's for sure, the longer the wait, the longer you can save up, and by the time they're making lefties again, maybe you'll have saved enough money to get several! :)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:00 am 

thanks guys i really appreciate it. i do have my heart set on a lefty fireglo, and hopefully the backlogs will lower for me to get a lefty. if push comes to shove ill have to learn how to play a right handed. anyway thank you, at least i know saving up isn't pointless.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:38 am 

What a great way to introduce yourself to the corporate Ric forums. Your attitude is childish, you should take it elsewhere.^^^

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:56 pm 

Hey Nikumokatsuru,

For all you lefties out there I thought I would pass this on to you, go to http://www.nationwideguitars.com/basses.html

they have a absolute KILLER 1975 4001 LH for sale in burgundyGlo, you must check it out.
FISH

Board index » Just Basses