Board index » Just Basses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ricks bass and Effects for enhancement
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 am 

Quote:
The bridge pickup in particular works fantastically well with overdrive and fuzz, especially if you have the 'vintage' cap because overdriven bass can often be too boomy and farty and lose punch, but cutting off the lows at the bass cures that - and if you then mix it with the neck pickup run clean you get the best of both.
Quote:

Thanks for this Blue Angel! I plugged my 4003 into my Vintage Rat, flipped on the bridge pickup and pulled out the knob and OH YEAH! My wife mentioned how cool it sounded. The harmonic richness of the Ric is really apparent. I have never heard a bass sound that good with fuzz. Just another reason why there is no bass (or guitar) like a Ric!

Thanks again,

LEL

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:09 pm 

Here's what I use ...

http://www.3dentourage.com/425/effects.htm

I run 4 parallel signals ... Line 6 bass pod, Marshall Guvnor, Tech 21 VT Bass, MXR Bass DI+. I mix clean and dirty signals together.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm 

I go straight from my basses to a mackie mixer to a 31 band eq to x-over to stereo compressor to amps then 18 ev & 2-12 ev

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 am 

I run through and ART SGX Nightbass SE, then into a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer. The ART unit has over 400 presets and 400 empty user programable slots. I've had it for a couple years and have barely scratched the surface of what it will do. The Maximizer makes the tone seem a bit clearer.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 pm 

some interesting choices here.

i was thinking about a Barber Linden EQ pedal? anyone use one of these, i've heard good things.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:44 pm 

Any suggstions for chorus or delay pedals? Should I go cheap stomp box route or use a rack unit? Currently use the bands effect in the FOH system (alesis) and the effect (chorus or echo) is only in the mains. I'm OK with that since, especially with chorus, it's not screwing with my stage sound. Echo is a different matter, never seems to be "just right"... and since I don't have control it's either one of the other, but never both, which I would like to have during a certain solo.

Carvin makes a rack mount dual engine unit (FX2) that seems real convenient, but I don't know the sound quality of that one. H2O (Visual Sound) seems cool since both are in the same box, but again I've got no real experience with that unit either. Anybody have comment about other brands/models of individual delay/chorus units?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:50 pm 

I recently picked up a Zoom B1 efx..... I learn something new everyday with it.. so many sounds to create + a drum machine & amp sampler.. I run it thru an Ampeg B100R . with the natural sutain of a Ric you can get some really cool tones with it

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:00 pm 

These days I use a EH Bass Big Muff π and a MXR Analog Chorus for any enhancement. For recording projects I then run into my Universal Audio LA-610Mk II all tube preamp/EQ/compressor.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:24 am 

Mostly I just run through an overdriven amp, but I do have a wah inline a lot of the time, that I use when the mood strikes me. I also have a EHX big muff and a reverb pedal, but those I use much more rarely.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:01 pm 

RobbieNuke wrote:

Carvin makes a rack mount dual engine unit (FX2) that seems real convenient, but I don't know the sound quality of that one. H2O (Visual Sound) seems cool since both are in the same box, but again I've got no real experience with that unit either. Anybody have comment about other brands/models of individual delay/chorus units?

I have had the opportunity to try both units suggested above. The Carvin is not refined enough for quality instrument use... best suited for garage band rehearsal situations that want some echo or whatever in the PA. Although stereo, the s/n ratio and other limitations prevents me from recommending it.

The Visual Sound H2O, however, is an excellent consideration for incorporating echo/chorus effects into a bass guitar pedal board. Absolutely quiet, sturdy, and fantastic control range. Better than any so-called 'dedicated' bass pedals!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Just Basses