Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: One heck of a deal
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 am 

Right after I bought my 2006 4003 I picked up a Bass Pod X3 based on recommendations from members here. I never regretted it for a second. My Ric sounds great through it and I love the many great tones it can produce. I've been looking for a used footpedal to hook up to it for quite a while since I'm planning on getting back into live playing.

So a few weeks ago I was browsing through the used gear webpage for my local GC and way on the last page they had a Bass Pod X3 Live listed for $99. The date code showed it had come in way back in October. I'd been in the store a few times since then and never seen it in the used pedal case but figured it was worth a trip to check. I get to the store and there is nothing in the display case so I ask the young guy behind the counter. He doesn't know anything about it but checks his computer. Then he calls another guy over who checks some more. Then they call a third guy (manager) over and eventually they go into the back room and are gone for a good 15 minutes. Finally they come out holding the Pod. It seems that when it came in the jack that the power supply plugs into was messed up somehow. The jack doesn't snap in like it should but you can still plug it in and if you hold it at the right angle it works. They deemed it "not worth fixing" thus the low price. Then I guess it got stuck on a shelf in the back room and forgotten about. I checked it out and it worked perfectly as long as the power chord was held in the right angle so I bought it. It even came with a padded softcase ($59,99) from Line 6.

It's in mint condition other than the jack and I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. I finally got to try something I've wanted to try for years, running in Ric-O-sound through 2 pods and I can't believe the awesome tones I can get with this rig. I can't imagine why the store considered replacing a 3 dollar part "not worth fixing" since if they had they could have sold it for 1 1/2 or 2 times as much but their laziness was definitely my gain. :lol:

Board index » Just Basses