Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: I Love My 4003!!
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:40 pm 

Well, registration finally worked for me...lol...I got my Midnight Blue 4003 back in November, and I've fallen in love. Just wanted to thank Mr. Hall and all the people workin' at RIC for putting out such an amazing instrument!

Oh, and one quick question...is it normal for the srings to make little grooves in the saddle on the bridge? I've noticed these and I'm just not sure if it's normal, or if they're going to keep getting deeper and end up forcing me to buy new saddles. Am I doing something wrong to make these grooves?

Thanks a lot in advance, and thanks again to the workers on the forum for giving me my child! Lol

Peace n' love

~Bill

Post subject: Re: I Love My 4003!!
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:28 pm 

I agree. Just wish the rest of my band shared the same views on the sound (...i shall get to that in another post)

And yeah, the grooves are quite normal...unless theres more then one on each saddle - at the end of the day the string has to stay put! Ive had my 4003 (Midnight blue aswell funnily enough) since '03 and ive NEVER had to touch the bridge for anything...other then to try and work out how the mute actually mutes - which i still haven't found out...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:17 am 

Quote:
I agree. Just wish the rest of my band shared the same views on the sound (...i shall get to that in another post)

And yeah, the grooves are quite normal...unless theres more then one on each saddle - at the end of the day the string has to stay put! Ive had my 4003 (Midnight blue aswell funnily enough) since '03 and ive NEVER had to touch the bridge for anything...other then to try and work out how the mute actually mutes - which i still haven't found out...

Dont take any grief from guitar players, their just jealous because people now can hear you kick butt. Play the Ric, after time your bandmates will love it. ;)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:32 am 

Alright, cool, thanks a lot, folks...all my bandmates love my Ric's sound...how could they not?! Lol...thanks again for the help!

Peace n' love

~Bill

Board index » Just Basses