Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: STOLEN!
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:58 am 

Both that product and the dog chip need to be scanned to be read.

"Is SNAGG a traceable or GPS type system like LoJack?
No. SNAGG uses the time proven technology of unalterable code technology that has been responsible for the return of over 40,000 domestic animals in the past few years."

My idea is to make it rf connected by bluetooth or use the Blackberry technology to connect to a nearby capable cell phone so it could call home and report it's location. It would know to do this because it had not seen the charger for a certain amount of time, thus it must be stolen. It could lay in a neck cradle to charge the onboard battery. Something along those lines.

I put the tone circuit into my 4003 but I also changed to a neck toaster and also unwound the bridge pup to 7.84k like early non-horseshoe pups. I will say switching in the capacitor takes away some low end, reduces output a bit, changes the tone of the growl, but also is a lot cleaner/clearer sounding. I like it. I still feel I have enough gain, even without hi-gains.

I did the mod before I changed the pups, and the changes evaluation still holds for stock pups.

Board index » Just Basses