Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: STOLEN!
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:05 pm 

Zack, sorry to hear about your loss. That just sucks. It would be easier for us to help you find these instruments if you could get some pictures posted so we could spot them better

-Steve

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:47 am 

I feel really sorry for you, ZZAACCKK! Good luck! I hope you get your guitars back.

I cannot understand what is on the minds of people who do such things. It makes me angry to hear about these criminals and if I ever catch such a thief in my house I do not know what I am going to do.

Only last week someone broke into my neighbor´s house. There were burglaries in 4 out of 11 houses in the street I live in in recent times. And I live in a little village where people know each other and used to have their doors open and never lock anything "in the old days". This is a crazy world we are living in.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." (Elvis Costello)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:29 am 

That's terrible news, man. My first ever 4001 was stolen when my band played some gigs in London, Ontario in 1999. The van was stolen from a hotel parking lot. The police located the van abandoned on the side of a road in short order, but EVERYTHING was gone from inside.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:31 am 

Quote:
I cannot understand what is on the minds of people who do such things.

If anyone saw the Frontline last night on our current meth epidemic, they would not wonder. And the problem is spreading, west to east. Small communities are no less immune to it than big ones. And meth labs, often as not, tend to be out in the middle of nowhere. So they're selling it out there, too. It's the modern day crack. And users will steal anything to get more of it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:05 am 

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Being that the idiot pulled it from the case, I don't imagine they moved her far. I would check local music stores and pawn shops.

Good luck!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:40 pm 

Hey everyone,
thanks for your concern and for keeping an eye out for my instruments.
I've been checking local pawn shops and music stores daily and letting them all know what's going on by phone or fax, but still no sign of anything.
I've seen a few used Ricks, but none were fireglow. They sure did play nice though.

As far as pictures go, I'll try to get something up soon.
The 4003 was stock Fireglow, with pickup cover. No mods.
F9 7093 Unfortunately I can't say what condition it would be in because they took it without the case.

The other instruments were much newer (all bought within the last 2-3 years) and I've never performed with them (except the fretless that I had just modified with pickup covers and new electronics a few weeks ago) so I don't have any pictures of those, as our cameras were stolen with all the film that was in their cases.

Again, thanks for your support and for keeping an eye out.
If you happen to find anything, please call the Sacramento County Sherriff's department at 916 874-5115.

Zack

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:12 am 

Well,
I just got the replacement for my 4003 that was stolen...

A BlueBurst 4003 with the vintage tone circuit and the walnut head. It just arrived here today.
All I have to say is WOW.
It's way nicer than I ever expected, (and this is the 5th rick I've ever bought) the blueburst finish is flawless, the neck plays like a dream.
I'm absolutely blown away, this bass incredible.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:03 am 

Quote:
Well,
I just got the replacement for my 4003 that was stolen...

A BlueBurst 4003 with the vintage tone circuit and the walnut head. It just arrived here today.
All I have to say is WOW.
It's way nicer than I ever expected, (and this is the 5th rick I've ever bought) the blueburst finish is flawless, the neck plays like a dream.
I'm absolutely blown away, this bass incredible.

That's great, Zzaacckk. And you got the new features too. I would figure a way to carry this one 24/7 so you always know where it is!! :D

Too bad there isn't a microchip that can be built into the neck that would interface to a cell phone via bluetooth and report its GPS position. Kinda like cars have for tracking. Then you could walk up to the jerk and recover the guitar after wiping the floor up with him. Actually, there's a billion dollar idea for just about anything you'd want to track or find.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:09 am 

That microchip thing isn't a bad idea. Don't they have something like that for dogs too?

I don't get to plug this bass in until tonight.. At a gig. I am itching to try the vintage tone circuit out.

Anyone have one with the new circuitry? How does it affect the sound? Does it change the output at all?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:56 am 

There is at least one company making a RFID product for theft prevention and recovery:

http://www.snagg.com/

I wonder if it's practical since you need to have the guitar near a scanner to read it, like they do by entrance and exit doors at many stores.

Board index » Just Basses