Board index » Just Basses

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Tetrahedron? Just checking...
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:32 am 

Tetrahedron....

This is really funny!

Post subject: Re: Tetrahedron? Just checking...
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:33 am 

Tetrahedron

"Tetrahedron"

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:33 pm 

im pretty sure it replaces the name of a brand of strings that also shares its name with some triangular prism shaped tombs in egypt, to avoid law suits and what not.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:43 am 

Tetrahedron?? W A F F L E S ?

LOL! This is funny (and dumb as well) :P

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:13 am 

Tetrahedron...? Ahh... I see now. Quite the laugh indeed!Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
I guess there's no getting past this.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:08 am 

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. We have discussed many string brands here as well as other guitar brands, stomp boxes, amps, dealers, etc., and this is the only brand name that I'm aware of that has been singled out to be arbitrarily changed by the webmasters. If I understand the company's forum rules correctly, it's normally okay to mention another competing product as long as it's done in a positive and respectful manner. I personally use the "ancient Egyptian architecture" brand on my Rick 12's and believe that it complements the "vintage jangle" tone that many seek. Would one of the webmasters be kind enough to step in here and explain this one for us? I appreciate it! -Dr.Phil

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 am 

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. We have discussed many string brands here as well as other guitar brands, stomp boxes, amps, dealers, etc., and this is the only brand name that I'm aware of that has been singled out to be arbitrarily changed by the webmasters. If I understand the company's forum rules correctly, it's normally okay to mention another competing product as long as it's done in a positive and respectful manner. I personally use the "ancient Egyptian architecture" brand on my Rick 12's and believe that it complements the "vintage jangle" tone that many seek. Would one of the webmasters be kind enough to step in here and explain this one for us? I appreciate it! -Dr.Phil

Yeah, this has my curiosity also - you can say all the other brands (and they have been mentioned in these forums) but not Tetrahedrons.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's our opinion that this brand has been particularly predatory in their marketing, misrepresenting the product as if it was exactly the same as our original Maxima strings, which they are not. If they were, you wouldn't have to practically totally re-setup your guitar to change to them successfully.

I'm sure they have their own website somewhere and can do their own advertising anywhere else other than on our website.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:25 am 

This is kinda funny because I just got my new 4003 last November after not playing at all for 15 years. I haven't really looked at any new strings yet so I had been assuming that there really was a brand called Tetrahedron strings. :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:37 pm 

John- That explains it perfectly. It sounds like the "other guys" have some fence mending to do. Anyone should be able to market a quality music product without resorting to misrepresentation. Thanks! -Dr.Phil

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Just Basses