Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: markbass traveler cabinet and rick
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 pm 

Hi guys
I bought a markbass little mark tube (500w) ...with my 4003 is wonderfull
Now I would like to buy a cabinet. I need an help to choose
A Markbass traveler or ny 112...more universal and versatile good stand alone, summarize the 115 and 2x10 features, good high and good bass.
however I feel that soon i will need a second cab ...and I think that for a 12" it's good to have a second 12"...however I like to have in future a 2x10+1x15
Unfortnuately I can buy only one cab now (the other one i have to wait) so I tought to start buying a traveler 115 now ...however I was asking if it is good as stand alone for a little while I am waiting the second cabinet.
What do you think about?
Someone as some experience with this cabinets and rickenbacker 4003
Thank yuo

Post subject: Re: markbass traveler cabinet and rick
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm 

I think you should take your 4003 to your nearest Markbass dealer and try those cabs with that Little Mark amp. Let your own ears be the judge. Pick the one that you like the sound of best.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:59 am 

yes I know but unfortunatelly also if i live in a big city as paris I haven't found a 115 traveler but only the combos....i don't know if it is the same sound

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:37 am 

I own a Markbass littlemark II and a traveller 2x10 and this thing is powerful enough to play with a drum and guitar at normal volume(set to the drum). I'm using a sansamp bass DI in front of it, set gain and drive to 12 o clock(that thing make the amp alive and cut more easily thru the mix), the amp gain is set to mid travel for recording and I adjust the volume between one third and mid. I hope to someday get a 15 inch to put under it to move more air. On the traveller serie the tweeter is a piezo piece of inefective crap and it rear ported, if you don't mind a little more weight I suggest you to get the standard 102HF over the traveller 102. The cab you should choose first depend more on the way you set your sound, if you like a lot of mid or play really boomy, but I think for a Rickenbacker you should go with a 2x10, it got enough bass and I think that the mid/high respond is better on that cab, the 15 inch should act to add bottomness and bass presence, but as you can blast the drummer with only the 2x10. Get two combo's; one 15 inch and a 2x10 and used to RickOsound, that should sound awesome for sure.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:00 am 

Actually I am coming from a store that has a 2x10 traveler and q aa5 cmd jeff berlin
I tried both with my rickenbacker .....the 2x10 is wonderful i chose it! I tried qlso the 115 stand alone...but I didn't like as much as the 2x10
Then I tried 2x10+1x115 and the sound was terrible!
Now I will buy the 2x10 and in future the 115

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:02 am 

starvingcrow wrote:
I own a Markbass littlemark II and a traveller 2x10...I hope to someday get a 15 inch to put under it to move more air.

That is a marketing fallacy. Buy a second 2x10, instead, and even better yet, stack the two 2x10 cabinets vertically like a 4x10 column.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 am 

jps wrote:
starvingcrow wrote:
I own a Markbass littlemark II and a traveller 2x10...I hope to someday get a 15 inch to put under it to move more air.

That is a marketing fallacy. Buy a second 2x10, instead, and even better yet, stack the two 2x10 cabinets vertically like a 4x10 column.

That worth a try for sure, physically the 2x10 move more air than 1x15, but the frequency wave respond isn't the same, the 15 goes deeper. A 4x10 column could be a bit dangerous to fall, but I agreed that could be cool to hear!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:16 am 

I've got a CMD102P (amp plus 2x10) & a 151HR (1x15) - my Rick 4003s sound AWESOME through this rig!
If we play a smaller venue I just take the CMD102P, if it's a larger venue I take the lot!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm 

The 15 will not go lower than the 210. You cannot judge a speaker by it's diameter, it has much more to do with how the cabinet is tuned, and designed. 2 matching 2x10's will be far superior to a 210/15 combination. Both cabs are "full range", and when coupled, will equal MORE than the sum of their parts.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 am 

Markbass Traveller 210P FREQUENCY RESPONSE
45 Hz to 18 kHz

Markbass Traveller 151P FREQUENCY RESPONSE
40 Hz to 18 kHz

Markbass Standard 104F FREQUENCY RESPONSE
35 Hz to 20 kHz

In this case for this cie, for a better "frequency coverage" the 104F works better, probably because of the tuning of the cab and you can judge a speaker by it diameter, you never be able to go as low as a 18 inch with a 6 inch driver in the appropriated volume cabinet. How can you get more out of single cab when you couple it with another exact one? It got less power to it due to the total wattage being divided by two, but it's the same power to both cabinet, it got the same physical dimension, the same air displacement. Without the used of a cross-over the responce of both cabinet should be the same, with only an addition of each cabinet air displacement. If one 2x10 cabinet is tuned to go to 45 Hz coupling it with another 2x10 won't drop the frequency responce to example 40 Hz, it will stay the same at 45 Hz.

Board index » Just Basses