Board index » Just Basses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rickenbacker quality
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:01 am 

I'd say this was prob the best ric ive played yet..

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 am 

Excellent!! i think the 2012 Rickenbacker basses are just incredible, i just can,t stop looking at my 4003 mapleglo, lol, it is the only bass that makes you want to look at it and it is never taken for granted, i appreciate owning one of these instruments.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm 

iiipopes wrote:
Colonel Sanders wrote:
Like cassius, no issues for me either. Just the monthly fine tuning to get the neck exactly where I want it. Pretty easy to adjust despite all the noise you may hear.

Monthly? That often? I haven't had to touch the neck on my 4002 in twenty years! :mrgreen:

My 2011 4003 lives in my donga on the mining camp I spend 3 nights a week. It is subject to a fair amount of temperature variation. Plus I am quite anal about where I want the action to be. So I do not mind doing these very minor adjustments.

OTOH, I never touched the truss rods of my 2004 4003 after the initial adjustment when I received it. The neck is a bit chunkier and a monument to stability. This 2004 is turning into Bass Number 1 in my stable. The build quality of this one is the best I have seen in all the Ricks I have owned.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:44 pm 

My 2012, 4003 is my one bass. It is flawless. The three I looked over, and played when I picked mine up were the same. Very good quality control. I just liked the looks of the Mapleglo.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:05 pm 

I agree, why cover that lovely wood up with paint lol. still like my jetglo though lol

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 pm 

I was close to getting the Fireglo, it did have some grain showing. But the Mapleglo just looked so right to me. The grain in the fretboard was just a bit darker than the Fireglo. Still pretty close. The Midnight Blue board was the lighter of the three. And that still looked better than any other Rosewood fretboards, on any of the other new basses in the shop. Any of the three would have been fine. It was nice having three 4003's to choose from however.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm 

nice...ive never seen a mid blue at the local dealer...that would have made the choice more difficult for me. :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 am 

A week before the Fireglo, Mapleglo. and Midnight Blue came in, they had a Jetglo in stock. I think that even if they had the four in at the same time, Mapleglo would have won out, for me anyway. Tuff choices in life. Image

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am 

The ruby reds have been coming in too...but still no mid blu here.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm 

Well, this year I've bought a Mapleglo and a Fireglo, both born in January, 2012, and they're both FANTASTIC! The Mapleglo lives with me in SoCal, and the Fireglo lives in Baltimore for when I visit back east. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Just Basses