Board index » Just Basses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: need new amp
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:17 am 

Ahh, the 70's...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:40 am 

I did own a music man hd150 head which had 4 6l6 tubes. It blew up one night at a gig, but my rics sounded great when played thru it. tubes are the way to go.:) I'm interested in the new pignose bass amp, it was designed by the same person who designed the svt head. It also has the same tube configeration. Has anyone played it yet?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:11 am 

Quote:
I did own a music man hd150 head which had 4 6l6 tubes. It blew up one night at a gig, but my rics sounded great when played thru it. tubes are the way to go.:) I'm interested in the new pignose bass amp, it was designed by the same person who designed the svt head. It also has the same tube configeration. Has anyone played it yet?

100W for $524 designed by Dennis Kager:
http://www.pignoseamps.com/index.php?di ... mps&id=273

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:54 am 

Hi, johnallg, gald to see someone else knowns about the pignose. Have you played one?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:02 am 

Thanks everyone for your input, my hartke 3500 was repaired today for only 85.00 smackers. Have not picked it up yet, but it sure beats 500.00 smackers for a new one. i hope this time it holds together, if it doesnt, its going in the river. peace ;-)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:41 am 

Quote:
Hi, johnallg, gald to see someone else knowns about the pignose. Have you played one?

Nope, didn't even know they made fullsized amps. Just being helpfull with the link. Being I like Ampeg sound and he did some of their more respected designs, this head should be worth a hear.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:25 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Nope, didn't even know they made fullsized amps. Just being helpfull with the link. Being I like Ampeg sound and he did some of their more respected designs, this head should be worth a hear.

yea, i'am wondering what it will sound like, too bad it is only 100 watts, plus the cost is way up there.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:22 am 

Quote:

Weird, after following John's link to the Pignose website I see that you can get the same amp in a combo with a 15 inch speaker for $34 less than just the head.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:36 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yea, i'am wondering what it will sound like, too bad it is only 100 watts, plus the cost is way up there.

100 tube watts with folded horn speaker cabs like the old Acoustic ones would break windows. And that price seems pretty decent for an all tube head - offshore construction keeps the price down, hopefully the quality is there. Look what Ampeg or Mesa gets for an all tube head.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:41 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100 tube watts with folded horn speaker cabs like the old Acoustic ones would break windows. And that price seems pretty decent for an all tube head - offshore construction keeps the price down, hopefully the quality is there. Look what Ampeg or Mesa gets for an all tube head.

i owned an Acoustic amp and its 18" folded horn bottom back in the late 70's and into the 80's. My drummer at the time was doing some heavy drugs one night and knocked my Acoustic head off my cabinet and destroyed it. I held on to the bottom until it final fell apart. I would give my right foot and other things to own that set-up again. Man what a rig. ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Just Basses