Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: 4003SW ordered!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:45 am 

I'm on the list & can't wait for mine!

I think the SW is a GREAT idea. I played a 4003S and a 4003W in a shop a few weeks ago, loved them both, couldn't decide ... and probably wouldn't have got either, since I don't really need another. But then I discovered I could get both in the same bass ... add to that a deal I couldn't refuse last weekend, and I pulled the trigger. Due in September.

Who else is in?

Post subject: Re: 4003SW ordered!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:54 pm 

I got my new Fireglo 4003S on Wednesday and its incredible! Its beautiful, sounds incredible and the setup was almost perfect! I also got one of those holiday deals I couldn't refuse! I would love to see the Walnut models. The pictures look great so I would bet it will be stunning in person!

Post subject: Re: 4003SW ordered!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:35 pm 

I've had this bass for a couple of months now, and it is wonderful.

It's the best looking bass I've ever owned. More important, it's excellent to play and I love the sound. It sounds like a Ric, but it seems slightly darker and has a bit more honk in it, in a way that I really like. It has nice presence. It also seems lighter weight, and the rounded body seems more ergonomic to me. I deepened the E and A nut slots slightly, set it up as I like it (dead straight neck) and it plays just great. This is also the first Ric I've owned with the hi-gains with adjustable pole-pieces, a feature I really like, and the pickups themselves are excellent. It's a keeper and I just can't put it down.

Earlier this summer I played a 4003S and a 4003W in a shop, and I wanted both of them! That wasn't an option, but then shortly thereafter I saw there was an S/W model--prayers answered!--so it was obvious what I had to do. Throw in an amazing deal from Musicians Friend and I just had no choice.

I do think the walnut/maple combination on the 4003 is an absolute smash. Perfect. And as much as I love my old 4003, the simplicity and shaping of the S model make it the ideal 4000-series for me.

Glad I pulled the trigger on this one. It's my favorite bass.

Board index » Just Basses