Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: 4001 pickguard
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:30 am 

hey guys...
i have a 1980 jetglo 4001 that seriously needs a white pickguard. someone who owned it before me put on a gold one made by schechter, which i find distasteful especially with all chrome hardware. anyway, the store gave me an aftermarket black one they had sitting around for free since i didn't want to play a show with the gold one, but i could only put three screws in as the screwholes don't match up, and i still really want a white one. i noticed rickenbacker sells ones for a 4003 in their boutique, but i'm wondering if it will fit my 4001. i'd obviously like the holes to match up and all. if anyone has a white one out there they're willing to part with, i want it! as soon as i get one, i'll sell the gold and black ones unless someone wants to trade me straight across. let me know...
slcheaters@yahoo.com

Post subject: Re: 4001 pickguard
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:44 am 

Quote:
hey guys...
i have a 1980 jetglo 4001 that seriously needs a white pickguard. someone who owned it before me put on a gold one made by schechter, which i find distasteful especially with all chrome hardware. anyway, the store gave me an aftermarket black one they had sitting around for free since i didn't want to play a show with the gold one, but i could only put three screws in as the screwholes don't match up, and i still really want a white one. i noticed rickenbacker sells ones for a 4003 in their boutique, but i'm wondering if it will fit my 4001. i'd obviously like the holes to match up and all. if anyone has a white one out there they're willing to part with, i want it! as soon as i get one, i'll sell the gold and black ones unless someone wants to trade me straight across. let me know...
slcheaters@yahoo.com

Can I have your black one? And is the distance between the hole for the neck pickup and the edge of the pickguard 1/2" or 1"?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:13 am 

my idea is to have the black and gold ones pay for the white one, or as much of it as possible, but you are more than welcome to buy it as soon as i get a white one. right now, it's better than the gold one, so it's on the bass til i get the white one. oh, and it's a 1".

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:06 am 

Don Adamek has one available on the RickResource forum in the for sale section. Another option is Pickguardian.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:42 am 

the pickguardian ones seem a bit pricy. anyone ever try wd and know how good they are? i can't find adamek's on rickresource, and since i only just registered now, i won't be able to ask him on there for a few days. think you could send me a link? thanks.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:59 am 

There are some on ebay right now I think. When you get the white one, I'd like to buy the black one from you.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:01 pm 

It's been a long time since I ordered a pickguard from WD. WD pickguards are good, but the pickguard that I got from Pickguardian fit better than WD pickguards that I have ordered.

Board index » Just Basses