Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: Japanese limited edition models
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:37 am 

http://www.rickenbacker-jp.com/news/201 ... -fb-cb.php

Wondering if there were any Left-Handed examples included in this Japanese production run???

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BuckyD wrote:
http://www.rickenbacker-jp.com/news/2014/12/limited-model-4003-fb-cb.php

Wondering if there were any Left-Handed examples included in this Japanese production run???

I don't think so. Actually, I'm not sure we've ever had an order for a lefty instrument from Japan.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:25 pm 

Now, that is very interesting!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:47 am 

Here's ony guy in JP who sells all the nice JP-Ltd-Editions and earns big money with it when he sells one (and he does), did you know about that?

{Link removed by moderator}

(I hope it is OK to post the link here?)

Well, it would be nice for germany (and I am from germany and own about 20 Rickenbackers) when you could offer smaller ldt editions, not like the 360FAR with 25 or 35 ones each.

Like at the JP market, here you offer a few 620 in snowglo, skyglo and a lot of other rare colors, also with this mirror-pickguard. Can you imagine to do that for germany? I want to buy a 620 with a mirror-pickguard or a 620 SNG.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry but I removed that link. These instruments were built for sale in Japan only.

We produce what our distributors order, which is to say that for Germany you'll need to make your suggestions to Musik und Technik. That being said, we have a moratorium on right now for custom run instruments like this as our backlog of orders for standard instruments is just too large to commit an production resources anywhere else.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:07 am 

It probably bears mentioning--though I'm sure it doesn't explain nearly all of it, because we Americans sure do love a bargain--that the poor value of the dollar versus other currencies has helped foreign buyers of US goods. Once was a time when the Euro and the dollar were more or less on par. Then the dollar dropped to the point where the Euro was worth about a buck and a half. Within the US, a two thousand dollar guitar remains a two thousand dollar guitar, but for a European buyer suddenly it's on sale for the equivalent of $1400. Give many US buyers thirty percent off, and there would be more sales, too, but the nature of currency fluctuations is such that we won't ever see that. Looking at historical currency values, it appears the Yen followed a similar path. The dollar is getting stronger again, so it will be interesting to see if foreign sales diminish for this reason. (Of course, the back side of this is that with a stronger dollar, cheap Asian instruments could get even cheaper.)

2015 4003 Fireglo
1983 4003 Walnut

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:20 am 

As much as I'd love to have one of the Pearl Jetglo 4003s with the checker binding and mirror pickguard, I fess up... while I want it, even if it were made available here in the US -- even if it were the same price as a standard model -- I probably wouldn't buy it.

I'm envious of you guys who have a collection of bass/guitars. Truly. My "collection" is stuck at two... my 4003JG (that I traded a guitar to acquire) and an Ibanez RB760.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:23 am 

Is it possible to check that a serial number bought in one country was actually shipped to that country too? Or maybe shipped to another country, wich could mean that the guitar/bass you´ve got is a fake with a stolen number. As far as I know, on the RIC homepage you can only check the actual production date.
Maybe I´m a bit paranoid, but it´s at the same time a bit interesting since there are many fakes nowadays and since some official copies are pretty like the original. (Can´t remember the name but I´ve seen one on pictures on the net somwhere)
Anybody knows?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:42 am 

JohnnyG wrote:
Uh........I have purchased a 4003 Mapleglo, a 4003W and a 4001S Special (P) all in the span of 1 year. That's a pretty big investment even by German and Japanese standards. I too would like to see the Model 1999 reissue from a few years ago. I love the "S" body shape and tone.

Me too. The 1999 with the S shape is probably my favorite of them all. And I have no problem paying full price.

Board index » Just Basses