Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: 4003 walnut at home
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:03 pm 

Incredible, I have all tools you can imagine to adjust, repair my guitars, basses and also bikes, even british bikes !
Of course I have the good Hex in my tool box ...If you read my post from the beginning, that's why I found that the pole are impossible to turn.

I just said that nowadays it's surprising. It's not me who decided to fit adjusting pole and to write how to tune them in the user manual.

Surprising also that it's not possible to emit the slightest criticism, even when you have 7 of those basses at home !

No hard feelings guys !
Cheers

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jiemp wrote:
I just said that nowadays it's surprising. It's not me who decided to fit adjusting pole and to write how to tune them in the user manual.

Okay, so the question then is where do we draw the line as to which tools we supply? Should we have also included both a flat and philips screw drivers, nut drivers for the pots, output jacks and keywinds? Maybe even a soldering iron?

Anyway, we thought we were being helpful to supply the wrench (even if they were wonky for a few weeks).

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:20 pm 

I thought the poles were for adjusting the string-to-string balance so that all strings ring evenly on the same pick-up. If the whole bridge pick-up is stronger than the neck, then you can just lower the whole pick-up using a screwdriver. Or why just not use the volume knob.
Attention! There is a push - pull function that gives a hotter signal (with increased volume). :D
On my 4003 MG I discovered the same thing that the bridge was louder than the neck, but I just use the volume knob. I lowered the bridge but that is because I use 0.40 - 100 stings and the G string touched the polepiece when playing finger-style, being a bit softer, but I just lowered the whole thing a fraction and didn´t bother taking the cover off or so.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Micky wrote:
I thought the poles were for adjusting the string-to-string balance so that all strings ring evenly on the same pick-up.

That's precisely what it is for.

Micky wrote:
If the whole bridge pick-up is stronger than the neck, then you can just lower the whole pick-up using a screwdriver.

That is the correct way to balance pickups overall and, as you say, you can also augment that with the volume control.

Micky wrote:
Attention! There is a push - pull function that gives a hotter signal (with increased volume).

That may be the perceived effect but it's really a tone control, making the tone brighter or darker.

Board index » Just Basses