Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Neck pick-up not working
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:14 am 

Hi folks,
I bought a new standard wiring harness for my lefty '84 4003 bass. The new harnesses seem to be wired slightly differently than my existing harness. I studied both harnesses and, one by one, I transferred my pick-up wires and output wires to the same location on the new harness. In addition, I attached a Seymour Duncan SRB-1b to my bridge because I wanted to see how I like the sound. My neck bridge is a toaster. As it stands, my bridge volume and tone are working properly but I'm now not getting anything from the neck pick-up. I've attached a photo of my harness and I'm hoping someone might be able to identify the problem. Since the new harnesses are a bit different I'm thinking I soldered a wire onto an incorrect location? I'm not an expert so I appreciate any guidance. Note: I've merely taped my ground wire from the saddles so, once I have the problem corrected, I will solder that onto the pot.

-Patrick

Attachments:
LeftyHarness__.jpg [118.98 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Post subject: Re: Neck pick-up not working
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm 

Although RIC no longer uses the same spec pots that they did in 1985, the wiring layout is identical. Also, to get the most out of the SD pickup, you should use 500K pots since it's a humbucker. I can't see anything wrong with the way everything's wired, but it's not right in front of me either.

Board index » Just Basses