Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Where to find a 1980(ish) 4001 Bass?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:12 am 

Hey guys, this forum seems to be full of some real enthusiasts and I feel a little left out just getting into guitar after my brother gave me one for my birthday. He gave me a nice 700s that he saw in a thrift shop and I am loving it. We have been playing together a little bit and he is helping to teach me which I am really grateful for. It is reminding me of the guitar he had when I was a kid that got smashed in an accident so I was hoping to get one for him.

He used to love his 4001, and would bring it anywhere which ended up being a bad idea after he got in a car crash and the bass flew out the car and smashed on the ground. I have got a nice paying job and am a single guy so I have some money I can spend, which is good as I see that these guitars are pretty expensive. If anyone know where I could got a Rickenbacker 4001 from the 80's that would be amazing, I am looking around me but can't really find one. Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Post subject: Re: Where to find a 1980(ish) 4001 Bass?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:41 am 

Search is your friend. Bing it!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 am 

Micky wrote:
Search is your friend. Bing it!

Do people still use that :p

Good call, I will go and Google it on Bing.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:25 am 

If this is your way of saying "Thank you", then it would be better if you just stayed away from this forum in the future. People like you have nothing to do with Music or any other art. So why are you here? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:28 pm 

Micky wrote:
If this is your way of saying "Thank you", then it would be better if you just stayed away from this forum in the future. People like you have nothing to do with Music or any other art. So why are you here? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry mate, I was just trying to have a little joke. Wasn't wanting to be rude.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 am 

Ok! Fine!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 pm 

RollinRocker wrote:
Hey guys, this forum seems to be full of some real enthusiasts and I feel a little left out just getting into guitar after my brother gave me one for my birthday. He gave me a nice 700s that he saw in a thrift shop and I am loving it. We have been playing together a little bit and he is helping to teach me which I am really grateful for. It is reminding me of the guitar he had when I was a kid that got smashed in an accident so I was hoping to get one for him.

He used to love his 4001, and would bring it anywhere which ended up being a bad idea after he got in a car crash and the bass flew out the car and smashed on the ground. I have got a nice paying job and am a single guy so I have some money I can spend, which is good as I see that these guitars are pretty expensive. If anyone know where I could got a Rickenbacker 4001 from the 80's that would be amazing, I am looking around me but can't really find one. Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Thanks to the advice on here, I spent a day and a half looking around on Google and other search engines until I found someone that was willing to part with their 4001 for a decent price. Can't wait to see the look on my brothers face when he sees this!

Board index » Just Basses