Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Bergantino cabs?
 Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:34 am 

Ive been searching for a new cab for quite some time. I currently use a sunn 2x15 which is just too much low end and too big to lug around for me. I was going to get a 1x15 2x10 ampeg combination until i heard about this company Bergantino. I was wondering if anyone else out their used them? Im looking particularly at the NV425 model which is 3x10 and 1x15 in a single cab with no tweeter ( suppose to replicate the vintage sound of cabs like ampeg 8x10 but give the versatility and quality of modern hifi bass cabs ) i use a mesa boogie 400+. so if anyone uses one of these cabs let me know what you think! any info about them would be great cause i still dont know much about them.

Post subject: Re: Bergantino cabs?
 Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:48 am 

Bergantino bass cabs are extremely well made and of the best sounding cabinets on the market in my opinion. They also sound much larger than they are.
Recently, I got together with a group of bassists from the Harmony Central Bass Forum. One of the guys brought a rig which was an Ampeg Classic SVT head plugged into a Bergantino 2 X 10. The sound was so huge (and clear) even at at a low volume setting, that another guy's comment was, "It sounds like a train is coming through the house!"

Board index » Just Basses