Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Time for a new RIC
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:04 am 

Well the time as finally come. The house will be paid for next week, the vehicle is paid off, and now.... its ME time! Within the next 30 days I will have enough to reach my goal.

After some good advice from people on this forum, I have decided to go with a new 4003 instead of a used one.

So any leads on any good deals out there please let me know. Hopefully I can find a good sale on one.

I seem to like the midnight blue for some reason, but I havent ruled ouut any color.

Also, when will the 2007s start coming out? Is there any information about next years colors etc available?

thanks for any help you can give

Post subject: Re: Time for a new RIC
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:30 am 

Good choice to buy a new 4003. Midnight Blue is a very nice color. There will be no special color of the year for 2007 so RIC ease the back log.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:44 am 

If it were me, I would get in an Amberfireglo 4003 and I think tomorrow might be the last day to order one.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:21 am 

I believe the deadline to order AFG has already passed. RIC personnel have been out of the office since 12/21, and won't be back until after New Years day. And it now pretty much official - no COY for 2007. So just standard colors for next year.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:09 pm 

Orders for the 2006 COY are accepted up to December 31, 2006. As long as the dealer faxes or emails the order into RIC by the end of that day.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 am 

If you are not particular about which color, American Musical Supply has few in stock.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:22 am 

ZZsounds.com has em for $1300.00 to the door but not available unit 6-6-07.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:51 pm 

Musicians Friend also has great prices, and my fav color, jetglo, in stock.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:56 am 

OK, here's what's great from what I've read on this thread. With all other guitar manufacturers, regardless of assembly line or boutique, famous brand or obscure, the usual conventional wisdom is play before you buy to make sure you can deal with that particular instrument and all the variations of manufacturing tolerances, from neck profile to pickup windings to body density, as well as all the other variables.

RIC has such superior quality control that it is truly only a question of which color. I know that if I had to gig somewhere that I couldn't take any of my guitars, and needed a Rick, that if I could borrow or rent one, all I'd need is a few minutes to install my favorite set of strings, get everything settled in, and just go for it!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:21 pm 

Quote:
OK, here's what's great from what I've read on this thread. With all other guitar manufacturers, regardless of assembly line or boutique, famous brand or obscure, the usual conventional wisdom is play before you buy to make sure you can deal with that particular instrument and all the variations of manufacturing tolerances, from neck profile to pickup windings to body density, as well as all the other variables.

RIC has such superior quality control that it is truly only a question of which color. I know that if I had to gig somewhere that I couldn't take any of my guitars, and needed a Rick, that if I could borrow or rent one, all I'd need is a few minutes to install my favorite set of strings, get everything settled in, and just go for it!

Couldn't agree more. Over the years, it never ceases to amaze me that a Ric is a Ric is a Ric. Nearly every 4001/4003 that I have played has been just about identical in handling and sound to the last. This goes to show that not only do the guys at Ric know what their product is supposed to be, but that they won't settle for anything else, nor will they make their customers. This is a major reason for the brand loyalty prevalent among Ric enthusiasts . You just can't say that about any other brand, in my experience.

Board index » Just Basses