Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: Are lefties in production currently?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:58 pm 

I had quite a lot of trouble trying to get hold of a new 4003 here in the UK, all dealers I tried had waiting lists of at least 7 or 8 months... ended up opting for eBay instead, luckily the seller lived near me so I went to check it was all in order.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

George, presumably your experience is specific to left-handed. As the ads say, your mileage may vary:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/forum_view_ ... K%20v%20US

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:43 am 

Thanks for the replies so far.

So, is there any way to find where I can get a left-handed 4003 in JetGlo without calling all dealers?

I understand not wanting to show any favoritism, but since you guys are active and posting in this forum, how about helping a customer find a product?

How often is the "inventory" feature updated in the Web site?

Or should I call any dealer and ask them to ask you what is available and when?

Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Frankly speaking, very few dealers are going to stock lefties of any kind but will order them as customers require them. That means there's going to be some wait and anything you see shipping is likely already sold.

For what it's worth, the shipment data is real-time, i.e. it shows up instantly as the goods are invoiced to the dealer. The amount of time it remains visible depends on the model, the dealer turnover of orders, and some other factors- all designed to make the information as useful as possible. However, it'd probably be right more often than not to simply exclude left hand models from visibility.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:15 pm 

Quote:
However, it'd probably be right more often than not to simply exclude left hand models from visibility.

Please don't do that Mr. Hall. Not all lefties shipped are sold. Seeing what's been shipped allows someone looking for a lefty Ric to at least call the dealer to see if the product is sold or not. I found my 360/12 FGLH this way.

Thanks,
Tom

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:27 pm 

Quote:
However, it'd probably be right more often than not to simply exclude left hand models from visibility.

Please don't do that Mr. Hall. Not all lefties shipped are sold. Seeing what's been shipped allows someone looking for a lefty Ric to at least call the dealer to see if the product is sold or not. I found my 360/12 FGLH this way.

Thanks,
Tom

I'd have to second these thoughts. Having searched the world over for better than 25 years for left-handed instruments, I find this to be quite helpful regardless of the instrument(s) status, pre-sold or otherwise. Most of the time it's just being at a store at the right time, buying second-hand, or ordering and waiting. To be honest, this may be an industry-first--and I find it extremely helpful from a consumer standpoint. Thanks JH and leave it in!

Board index » Just Basses