Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: Ric 4003 Order Status
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:01 am 

Quote:
Quote:
The 4003 is IMO the best 4-string bass ever made, and my 4003 is probably the best of the best, but the music I play calls for a five string.
We're going to get there eventually and you won't be disappointed. But as they say "first things first" and there's definitely priorities we must set. Geez, I like 5-stringers too but it's not helpful at all nor will it speed things up to grouse about where this instrument sits on the priority list.

Again, understood. I'm not trying to irritate you over this. I'm just talking practical use here, and because of it I'm sure there would be a huge demand among working musicians for the five string when it gets back in production.

Contrary to how it may seem, I'm really not a jerk. If you knew me, you'd like me. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:06 am 

I own 14 basses and none of them are 4 string basses ... I converted my 4003, 4004, 2030, and 2020 basses to 5 string basses and I sold the old 4001 basses to 4 string players ... for me a 4 string bass is missing a string ... it is like removing the low E and giving it to bass player and saying here dude play it ...

5 string basses are still the minority ... but their ranks are growing ...

I also look forward to someday getting a 4004CII5 ... but until then I have seven 5 string ric basses so I am set ... but I feel sorry for the other players out there who don't have or can't get a Ric 5 string bass ...

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:35 am 

I did look at music123 and other websites, but they're all in the USA and I wanted to buy my bass from a Canadian source in case I need any warranty work done (which I don't expect but you never know). It's more cleaner this way. Perhaps Santa will come a bit early next year.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For what it's worth, the guitar comes with a North American warranty card, good for Mexico, the U.S., and Canada. But I think it's great you're supporting your local economy.

When Musician's Friend made their move into Canada earlier this year, they seemed to be totally shocked that they were already authorized to sell there; apparently most other U.S. makers do not have a North American dealer setup and treat Canada as a completely separate foreign entity rather than look at it as a NAFTA partner.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:58 am 

We basically have only two options when it comes to authorized Ric dealers...Steve's Music Store and Long and Macquade. They're fairly small compared to the larger American stores, but I guess they're only as big as the market dictates. I am pleased with your response John on supporting our local economy, and buying your guitars through an authorized dealer is the only way to go. From what I've heard through both stores, everyone loves Rickenbackers and I always hear that these instruments are unique and should be cherished. I guess it says a lot about the quality and care that goes into the creation of these instruments.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
We basically have only two options when it comes to authorized Ric dealers...Steve's Music Store and Long and Macquade.
Not to belabor the point, but ALL dealers in Mexico, the U.S. and Canada stand on the same footing- for us there's no such thing as a Canadian dealer, only a North American Dealer. I'm sure you only meant dealers actually located in Canada . . .

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:32 am 

Quote:
...I wanted to buy my bass from a Canadian source in case I need any warranty work done (which I don't expect but you never know).
Not to beat a dead horse, but where you buy your Ric isn't going to affect the warranty issue - all warranty repairs are done here at our factory in California. If you lived in Nova Scotia and bought a Ric mail-order from an authorized dealer in Kansas, filled out the warranty card, sent it in, and a defect reared its ugly head, you'd have to send it to California for work.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:46 am 

I just tried Musician's Friends' website, and got a quote for a 4003 in minutes. In addition, this item supposedly will be in stock at the end of December 2005. Just waiting to get info on cuurency exchanges, taxes, import duties...etc.

If they're honest about the date, perhaps I'll send in my order and spend my deposit on an Ampeg amp.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:10 am 

Quote:
I just tried Musician's Friends' website, and got a quote for a 4003 in minutes. In addition, this item supposedly will be in stock at the end of December 2005. Just waiting to get info on cuurency exchanges, taxes, import duties...etc.

If they're honest about the date, perhaps I'll send in my order and spend my deposit on an Ampeg amp.
Good choice for the deposit money. It's hard to beat a Rick bass and an Ampeg amp.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:43 am 

Afulop,

I'm glad I helped a little here...american musical has the jg in stock...zzounds has it in stock as well

when I got mine from american musical they were $100 lower than musicians friend

Board index » Just Basses