Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Re: Ric 4003 Order Status
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:40 am 

If its ok to post it here but the store where I work in Memphis Tn has a 4003 JG that will be delivered on the 15th of December.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:52 am 

Quote:
If its ok to post it here but the store where I work in Memphis Tn has a 4003 JG that will be delivered on the 15th of December.
How do you know a 4003 jg is going to be delivered on the 15th.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:03 pm 

due to the day I saw us listed on this site as having one on the way, I usualy am able to guess the delivery date within a day.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:19 pm 

Interesting...

All that would take is a quick daily review of recent shipments for the model in question and wait for the phone call. I'll have to try that.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:09 am 

Well I've been shopping for about 2 years now for a maple glo 4001 from the late 70's but I didn't quite find what I was looking for (in price, condition, sound, etc.)

I just played 2 4001v64's at a great local music shop in Little Neck, NY. They were gorgeous, and played great, but the price was a bit too steep for me - especially since I couldn't rationalize the purchase to my wife given that I already own several guitars.

Well nearly every store indicated that they didn't expect new 4003's 'till the Spring. AMS, however, maintained that they are expecting stock soon, so I held my breath, and gave them my credit card information. It kind of scares me to purchase w/o first trying out the instrument - as every guitar seems to have it's own personality. I love my MartinD28, but every other one sounds and feels different. I like my Mexican Jazz Deluxe, but clearly the quality of every Jazz Bass differs.

So hopefully I'll be the proud owner of a new mapleglo. Wish me luck.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:19 am 

Well, I finally got lucky last week, but not with what you're all thinking :(

By fluke I called another local dealer and asked if they had any basses in the store, and lo and behold, they said they had a JG in stock. That's the same bass I had on order with another dealer. I went to the store with my kid to try it out, went back with my business partner (who's a bass player) and had him check it out, and when he said the bass was great, I bought it on the spot. Cost me $6 CDN more than the other place, but I saved up to 12 months waiting time !!

Now I can use my deposit at the other place to buy an amp.

Suffice to say, I love playing the thing and it couldn't have made my X-Mas any better :)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Well, after almost 20 years of procrastinating, and being somewhat cheap, I finally ordered my first 4003 JG bass from a shop here in Toronto. I've always admired the look and sound of a Ric bass, especially after growing up listening to Geddy Lee in his early years. I was told that the wait for this instrument could be anywhere from 12-18 months, depending on the order volumes. After a quick e-mail to Rickenbacker in California, I received a response back from Kenny stating that 9-12 months may be a more reasonable timeframe. Now, my question/comment is this...Is there any way to monitor the status of the order within the factory? At least you may be able to narrow your expectations down to a few months.

I've been reading this forum for a month or so and there's a ton of info here on everything Rickenbacker. I will be a regular user for sure!

thanks

Why don't you order it from an online store? They are usually in stock or just a few weeks out. That's how I got both my 4003's.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:41 pm 

I tried a couple of online sites (all US based), but couldn't get a straight or acceptable answer on deliveries to Canada, including duties or how taxes are calculated.

Anyways, I got my bass so I'm happy. I may try out these websites for smaller ticket items to see how they perform. Do you have any experience ordering amps through these sites?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:58 pm 

Quote:
I tried a couple of online sites (all US based), but couldn't get a straight or acceptable answer on deliveries to Canada, including duties or how taxes are calculated.

Anyways, I got my bass so I'm happy. I may try out these websites for smaller ticket items to see how they perform. Do you have any experience ordering amps through these sites?

Yes I do...I use http://www.americanmusical.com/ and they allow payments spread over 3 mos. if you need it...5 mos. for over 1000.00 orders. I have bought my Ampeg SVT from them.

Board index » Just Basses