Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's see some photos!
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:16 am 

Well, when I first sanded it down, I did think about how it would look if it was converted back to fireglo (which I think is what it was originally), but I'm not that skilled a painter, so I'd have to get someone else to do it, and that would probably be more expensive. Also, you can't see in the pictures the several nasty dings it has, some of which are fairly deep.

Not sure if the fretboard is stripped, it's still smooth and shiny.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:17 am 

A lighter wide FG would look great and the grain would still show. Maybe we should start a collection so you can have Dale or Paul do the deed! :D You could also sell yourself to the coeds to raise cash!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:33 am 

Quote:
A lighter wide FG would look great and the grain would still show. Maybe we should start a collection so you can have Dale or Paul do the deed! :D You could also sell yourself to the coeds to raise cash!
The idea has crossed my mind... however... I don't think most gals here are quite that desperate... and my ladyfriend might just be a bit... displeased at such actions. I think it might be against the law as well, though that's a lesser concern.

There aren't very many ways I know of to make a lot of money really really quickly while remaining within the bounds of the law.

Plus, a transparent finish would make the crack on the back of the neck visible. And I already have a firegloish bass, one that I can't sell, because it's a 4001 copy, so it will become a backup, and I'm not sure I want to have two fireglo basses (I kinda want all my basses to be different colors, at least until I've run out of colors I like).

It is a question that I continually debate in my head though.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:33 am 

Sartori- Since you've posted the pix, it wouldn't hurt to contact Dale and Paul offlist and ask for a free estimate. You might be surprised to find out how reasonable a pro refinish might be! You've seen the quality of their work. -Dr.Phil

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:51 am 

Quote:
Quote:

The idea has crossed my mind... however... I don't think most gals here are quite that desperate... and my ladyfriend might just be a bit... displeased at such actions. I think it might be against the law as well, though that's a lesser concern.

What I had in mind was running errands, vacuming their rooms, grocery shopping, etc. [John being all innocent looking] :D

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What I had in mind was running errands, vacuming their rooms, grocery shopping, etc. [John being all innocent looking] :D

They'd probably think I was hitting on them. :(

And right... sure that's what you meant...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:17 pm 

I could use someone to sweep the shop and keep it tidy.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:02 am 

Quote:
I could use someone to sweep the shop and keep it tidy.
There you go Sartori - "How I Spent My Summer". And you'd get a really great finish on that 'ole Rick!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:21 am 

Sartori- It would seem that Dale is throwing you a major bone! What a unique opportunity for a young player! You weren't doing anything this summer anyway. Here's where the rest of us get a chance to see if you're as sharp as we think you are! -Dr.Phil

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 am 

Quote:
Sartori- It would seem that Dale is throwing you a major bone! What a unique opportunity for a young player! You weren't doing anything this summer anyway. Here's where the rest of us get a chance to see if you're as sharp as we think you are! -Dr.Phil
Hell, I even looked up on maps.yahoo.com where Aloha, OR was!! If I could convince my wife and my boss I needed 4 months off over the summer..... Hahaha! I may be older but I sweep real good!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish