Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post subject: Re: How to get parts outside of North America?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:22 am 

This topic is quite delicate to discuss on this site. From my experience it is hardly possible to get spare parts, strings or cases for Rickenbacker guitars anywhere in continental Europe. If your distributor answers your E-Mail after the christmas days, please let me know, but I doubt it very much. The only possibilty to get these things is to find someone in the UK or the US who agrees to ship these parts to you. You could also try to get the parts on ebay or to travel to the USA to buy them there.

Mr. Hall, please excuse me for posting this answer. You know that I love your guitars. But the distribution in Europe just does not work, I am afraid.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." (Elvis Costello)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's a partial solution in the works already but there's still only so much product to go around.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:21 am 

Quote:
There's a partial solution in the works already but there's still only so much product to go around.

That´s really good news. I am very glad to hear that.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:43 am 

North American Rickenbacker dealers are contractually enjoined from shipping anywhere outside of North America. That's the long and short of it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:38 pm 

Quote:
North American Rickenbacker dealers are contractually enjoined from shipping anywhere outside of North America. That's the long and short of it.

Yes, they are. But if you know any private person in the USA who can go to an authorized dealer, pick things up for you and send them to you, you are still able to have them sent to you. Or you can order these things from an authorized dealer and fly to the USA to pick them up yourself when they have arrived at his shop. And as I said, if you live in the EU, you can also order things in the UK, because UK dealers cannot be enjoined from shipping to continental Europe, because such a contract would be against European trade laws.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:27 am 

Sad but true, I've posted a topic months ago about getting a new 4003 here in Italy. I found the solution in UK and I got my new bass within a week! I know that there are months to wait through the authorized dealers but the problem is that no one here holds this instruments and you should wait (paying moneys in advance) without knowing the final price! The last time I saw a Ric's guitar by person here was actually 15 years ago...
I don't want to encourage ordering through the net or unofficial dealers but the truth is that they works and you can save A LOT of money!

Max

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
And as I said, if you live in the EU, you can also order things in the UK, because UK dealers cannot be enjoined from shipping to continental Europe, because such a contract would be against European trade laws.
This has been tested in the European courts fairly recently and proven not to be entirely so. A trademark holder has the right to determine the jurisdiction in which its product may be sold under many conditions. In fact Roland was the plaintiff and has succeeded in stopping transshipping quite handily.

However, as I keep intimating, this whole issue is likely to be an entirely moot point for us shortly so you may wish to withhold comment for now.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:31 am 

And I thought I had problems. Mr. Hall Has to deal with the world. Oh the life of a CEO. The travel, money, cars, homes etc. LOL :) P.S. THE LAWYERS

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:11 pm 

Quote:
However, as I keep intimating, this whole issue is likely to be an entirely moot point for us shortly so you may wish to withhold comment for now.

Could this mean, we outside of the US, would be able to purchase a RIC from an internet dealer in the US?

I have been trying very hard to get a RIC here in my country and the dealers are either putting me off of it or saying that it will take FIVE years for me to get one after I order it!

Meanwhile I know for a fact that some internet dealers in the US have got the model I am after in stock but cannot send it to me.

In this age of internet communication and shopping, I just can't understand that.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:44 am 

http://www.rickenbacker.com/news_item.a ... ews=recent

Note it does not mean guitars and basses.

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish