Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish

Post subject: Ric hardware
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 am 

Hello,

I have a 1974 4001 that I am restoring. Does anyone know of any list of what size "correct" screws goes where. For example, what screws were used for the pickguard, the neck pick up, the bridge, and the pick up cover. I'm trying to restore it as correct as possible. I saw that these could all be purchased from Rickenbacker but I'm not sure what to buy. Thenks for any info, Joe

Post subject: Re: Ric hardware
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:17 am 

Quote:
Hello,

I have a 1974 4001 that I am restoring. Does anyone know of any list of what size "correct" screws goes where. For example, what screws were used for the pickguard, the neck pick up, the bridge, and the pick up cover. I'm trying to restore it as correct as possible. I saw that these could all be purchased from Rickenbacker but I'm not sure what to buy. Thenks for any info, Joe

Rickenbacker just lists the part number in their Boutique section, but "Pick of the Ricks" lists what each screw is meant for and any specific models it was compatible with. PotR is an authorized Ric dealer and was suggested to me when I contacted Rickenbacker in the past, so everything they sell is genuine.

http://www.pickofthericks.com/categorie ... -Hardware/

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you go to the service tab above and check out the parts diagrams, you can get the correct SKU number for each items, including screws. Then go to the misc. section of the boutique and you can pull up a description of the part from the SKU number.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:57 am 

Excellent! I'll give it a try and let you guys know how it worked out. Thanks alot!!! It will be nice to finish this restoration. I've had the ric for 18 years and it gigged hard with me for a long time.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:43 pm 

Take before, during and after pics and post them.

I restored my 74' a few years ago with the help of the guys on this forum. It is my main bass. I don't even take a back up with me anymore. lol

Board index » Rick restoration from part to finish